Chapter 55: Is This Real Life?

🌸line comment and request🌸
Maggie's POV,

I woke up in a middle of a field, with a beautiful tree in the middle. There stood a small crowd of people, and I saw needles stuck into my arms with different fluids flowing in and out. I tried to sit up, and it worked, I had full control of my body.

I slowly slid out each needle, stopping the fluids from going in and out of my body. I was on the bed, my feet dangling down. I had one of those hideous gowns on me, making me feel naked. My feet were pale, and I jumped from the bed, feeling the grass.

Slowly I made my way towards the group of people, who were wearing dark clothes and suits. Some I knew, I noticed Justin, Brad and Angie. A bit further away was the whole household, holding roses and crying. I don't understand what is going on.

The closer I got the more people appeared, all crying and holding flowers. I wasn't familiar with many of them, but a few. My eyes diverted to Brad and Angie.

Angie was hugging Brad's legs, crying her eyes out and saying 'I miss mummy'.

"Baby I am here don't cry," I tell her kneeling by her, but it's as if she can't see me. I go to hug her but my hand goes right trough her body. I freak out and stand up, looking properly at my hand. I can see through it, it's so pale and it's slightly glowing. Am I alive?

I look up at Brad and see much hatred in his eyes, yet sadness at the same time. He picks Angie up and holds her close, she instantly cuddles into him crying on his shoulder. He looked so handsome in his suit, it suited him so well. I never planned for anything like this. What even happened.

I stand away from the silent crowd, and look at the box being lowered into the ground. I see a photograph of me, and mud gets chucked on top of what I guess is my coffin. Am I attending my own funeral?

But Angie. And Brad. And everyone I love. I can't leave them behind, I need them, they need me. Or do they? I start to freak out, running up to Brad to shake him, but once again my hands go straight through him.

-

The beeping of the machine is the worst sound I have ever heard. It's a constant little beat, to inform someone that someone is awake. It's really dark, and I'm not sure what is going on.

My mouth feels dry, and I feel the need to cough, but I can't. My arms and legs feel heavy, and there's a throbbing pain in my ribs. What happened? I slowly start to open my eyes, but the brightness of the light blinds me and I am forced to shut them once more. I sigh and try again, this time opening them once more but slower and letting my eyes adjust to the light.

I see a sleeping Brad by my side, holding my heavy hand, his eyes looking down. Is he crying? My eyes scan the room, it's so bare and white, there's a small window on the side.

I try to speak but my throat is so dry, that I just can't. I want Brad to know I'm awake, that I am here.

"Mags, I know I keep telling you but I really love you, and I can't live without you. I mean, I have to for Angie, but what's life worth without you in it?" Come on Maggie, you can do this.

"And I can't believe this has happened, why the hell would someone do this? I just don't understand," I love him so much, why can't I just speak?

"I just want to to wake up baby, I want to know you are Okaii, they said you may never wake up, but you have to. Please Mags, for Angie and I, do it for us." Right now.

"B-Br-" I try but it comes out as if I had a cold and had to whisper with the tiniest voice ever. His head snaps up and his eyes widen. It takes him a little while before he smiles.

"Mags, holy fuck baby you're back!" He presses some button and leans up. I expect to find his lips on mine, but instead he gently kisses my forehead.

"Y-ye" I struggle, watching him start to cry.

"I thought I lost you, Mags don't scare me like that," his eyes are glassy, and a tear starts to fall down but he quickly wipes it away. I'm alive.

"Miss Merrygold is awake?" What I am guessing the doctor is walks in, and I watch him carefully as he stands at the bottom of my bed, his eyes scanning all the machines around to tell him how I'm doing. "What's your name?" If I could talk I would tell you.

"M-Maggie Sim-Simpson" I manage to stutter our. I don't know why but Brad's eyes widen.

"Are you two married?" He asks Brad.

"We," he sighs. "We were,"

"M-Merrygold," I struggle to say. The doctor walks out then comes back in, with a plastic cup of water making me smile. He knew. He gave the cup to Brad who gently lifted my head, and I sipped letting my mouth feel refreshed.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asks me. I think for a bit, wondering how I ended up here. It's a few minutes before I nod.

"Angie was unconscious." My eyes widen and my arms feel less heavy as I try to sit up. "My baby, oh my god is she ok?" I feel tears form in my eyes.

"Miss Merrygold please lay down, your daughter is fine, she will come in and see you when your friends bring her. She's been seeing you everyday for the past week," he calms me. A week? I have been here a week? Are you bloody serious? "Your boyfriend has been here with you non stop, but your daughter was taken home," he tells me and walks out. I look at Brad with sad eyes.

"Explain," I sigh and see Brad look down.

"Well, once the police sirens were heard you ran towards Rachel who was holding Angie. She shot you at the bottom of your ribs, luckily not damaging your heart. When you fell, fuck Mags I thought I lost you, I was so scared." He pauses and takes my hand, kissing it. "She tried to run, but they caught her, she left Angie in the drive, and I didn't know who to get to first. Wether to stay with you or got to Angie. Once I saw James on the phone and rushing to you, I bolted for our daughter. Man I was never so scared," he admits.

"Rachel got caught, and there was enough evidence for her to be taken away, then the ambulance came and everything is a blur. Angie was so scared when  she was able to come home but you had to stay, she told me she didn't want you to die. Mags you have no idea how happy she will be," he tells me. I just nod, as he leans up and pecks my cheek.

"Kiss me properly," I whisper and it's not long before his lips connect with mine.

//one more chapter//