7

Kellin has been ignoring me all day, and it's pissing me off.  Like, who does that? I never even did anything to him! I'm so confused.

"Dude, chill, what happened yesterday?" Jack asks, and I bite my lip.

"He went through my phone, and he found out that i'm gay and I have a crush on him, not to mention I basically live with this guy." I murmur, putting the blunt back in my mouth, and I take a long drag from it. I finish it, throwing the rest away, and I cross my arms, leaning back against my car seat.

"Did you two kiss?" He asks, and I shake my head, nibbling on my lip once more.

"No." I say, and he nods slowly.

"He kissed my cheek, though." I mumble, and Jack smiles from ear to ear.

"Awww." He coos, and I groan loudly.

"And i'm guessing that knife mark is from his dad?" He asks, and I nod, staring out the window.

"Yup." I say, and Jack hums in response.

"So, dude-" Jack starts, but he's cut off by someone opening the car door. I look at the raven haired boy, and I roll my eyes.

"Out." Kellin says flatly to Jack, and I scoff.

"Look who the fuck decided to show up." I seethe, and Jack punches my arm.

"Alright, i'm out, call me later." Jack says, and I nod. Kellin gets in, closing the door, and he looks at me.

"I-I'm really sorry." He says, and I frown.

"Really." I say, looking out the side window, and he nods.

"I just, i'm nervous." He says, and I frown.

"Of what, Kellin?" I ask, starting the car, and he looks at me pleadingly.

"C-Can I tell you when we get home?" He asks, and I nod, driving down the street rather quickly. I wanted to get home so Kellin could tell me everything.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly, and he nods.

"Yes, Viccy." He says back, and I nod, smiling.

"Good, i'm sorry that I snapped at you earlier, I just felt bad that you were ignoring me." I say, pulling into the parking lot of the apartment building, and he nods again.

"It's okay, I understand." He says, and I nod. I get out the car, walking around and opening the door for Kellin, and he giggles, blushing. I smirk and he jumps on my back, and I lock my car, walking into the apartment building.

I run up the stairs, all the way to the tenth floor, and I unlock my door, setting Kellin down and opening the door for him. He blushes once more, sitting down on the leather couch, and I close the door, immediately pulling my hoodie over my snapback.

"Talk to me." I say, sitting across from him on the couch, and he frowns a little.

"I-I'm scared." He says, his eyes wide, and I motion for him to come closer to me. He does, sitting on my legs cross-legged, and I smile at him.

"Of what?" I ask, and he holds one of my hands, playing with my fingers.

"O-of f-falling in love." He says, and I nod for him to continue. Falling in love with me?

"I went out with Oliver, you know." He says a little softer, and I nod again, intertwining my fingers with his.

"A-And it wasn't the best relationship i've had." He says, and I nod again.

"B-But.." He murmurs, his voice cracking, and he sniffles a little.

"I-I think I really like you, Vic." He says, and I smile, my stomach filling with butterflies once more.

"And I really like you, Kellin." I say softly, and he nods.

"I-I know." He says, and I smile more.

"I want to get to know you better." I say, and he nods, looking at me.

"And I want to get to know you better, Vincent." Kellin says, giggling, and I laugh.

"How do you know my middle name?" I ask, and he blushes deeply.

"Oh, well, I, um, you know, just shut up." Kellin groans, laying on me, and I laugh, rubbing his back slowly.

"Tell me about your dad." I say, sitting up and stroking his hair, and he rests his head on my chest.

"His name is David." Kellin starts.

"He's not my real dad, I don't know my real dad, and my mom died when I was younger. David gained custody of me because he was married to my mom. He was okay at first, but I think he got worse because he missed mom. I miss her too, you know." Kellin says, and I kiss his hair softly.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to." I say, and he shakes his head.

"No, I want to tell you." He says, and I nod.

"One time, my dad stabbed me, and it really hurt me. He didn't understand that I miss mom too." He says softly, and I look down at him, running my fingers through his hair slowly.

"And then, I met Ronnie and Oliver, they made my life a living hell, and then Ronnie..." He starts, his voice cracking, and I hush him, holding him tighter against me.

"Shh, you don't have to worry about him anymore." I whisper, and he nods, resting his hand on my chest.

"You're okay now." I whisper, kissing his hair softly, and he nods again, drifting off slowly.

He will always be safe with me.