Chapter 3 - Toretto's

- - -

- - -

The next morning I woke up to a text from Mia.

"Hi! You want to do something today?
Xo Mia."

I quickly replied and got ready to meet with her.

Mia picked me up, about an hour later. I was dressed in a white tank top, denim shorts and brown leather sandals - It was a hot day today.

We drove around town, and did some shopping.

"I just need to pick something up, from the shop, on the way home. Is it okay for you?" Mia asked, as we finished our shopping-spree.

"Of course" I answered smiling. It would be a great chance to see the garage, and maybe even see Dominic again.

We reached the shop and got out of the car. Amazing race cars were lined up, in front of the shop.

I slowly followed Mia into the shop, and took a look around.

"The guys are in the back, if you want to say hi." Mia said with a smirk.

I responded with a foolish grin, before I walked into the back.

"Hey Jess!" Leon yelled, as soon as he noticed me. He quickly walked to me, and gave me a hug.
"Hey" I chuckled, a bit surprised from his gesture.

Dom looked up from the car he was working on and sent me a warm smile in my direction.

I looked amazed around the garage. "How was your day with Mia?" Dom asked, as he walked closer to me, while cleaning his hands.

"It was fine. We had so much fun." I answered smiling, as I walked around the garage, studying everything.

"What are you working on?" I asked Dom, walking towards the car he had been working on.

Dom was about to say something as the rest of the group walked in.

"Hey, you stopped by." Vince said with a happy smile, as he walked up to Dom and I.

"I did." I said smiling, sharing a brief look with Dom. I felt Letty's burning eyes on me, and looked over at her. She didn't even say hello, before she walked off to work on a car.

I looked back at Dom, with a questioningly look.

"You haven't met Jesse, have you?" Leon asked.

"No." I answered a bit confused, shaking my head.

"Jesse, get out here!" Leon yelled, through the garage.

A moment later, a young guy walked out from a room in the back.

"Come and meet Jess. She's a friend of Mia's." Leon said, as Jesse hesitantly walked up to us.

I reached out my hand for him.