Chapter 50 - "Happy Family"

Almost a year passed.

We got settled at the house in L.A. together with Mia and Brian.
The house was going to be too small at some point, if we got more kids but for now it was perfectly fine.

It was weird to be back in L.A. and some days I missed La Palma. It was more quiet and peaceful.

L.A. was busy, a lot of traffic and just overall crowded. The others were really happy to be back. It was their home. Especially Mia and Dom had a lot of memories in that house.

I missed the barbecues with all the boys, and watching tv scattered around the living room and Vince almost fighting with the microwave when making popcorn.
But mostly I missed the time at the garage.

Vince was still in Brazil living a good life, Leon and Jesse returned to Tokyo and Letty found an apartment nearby.

Rome, Tej, Gisele and Han was traveling the world, still living the good life after our heist in Rio.
Of course they visited us often, but everyone went on with their lives.

Jack and Amelia was growing so fast we almost couldn't keep up with it.
They were crawling and taking their first steps. It was nice having two kids almost at the same age at the house. They enjoyed each other's company so much, but it was also a lot of work.
Teething, colics, a lot of cleaning and sleepless nights.

It was Sunday and Brian, Dom and I was working on our cars.

Jack and Amelia was placed on a blanket on the front lawn playing with some toys.
Of course we watched them, but they could play by themselves just fine.

Mia had fixed something to drink for us. We all walked to the front lawn and sat down at our table arrangement, with a perfect view to the children just next to us.

'So Jess, have you decided if you're going to participate in Race Wars this year?" Brian asked curiously before taking a sip of his Corona.

"Yeah, I think I might." I answered looking over at my 2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8, I brought with me from Rio.

"She's running pretty good, so." I added shrugging.

"But we can't take Amelia there." I said turning my attention from the car, back to the others.

"I'll take care of the kids. You should go. Have some fun." Mia said smiling. I smiled thankfully at her. It was so sweet of her, but I hated the thought of being away from Amelia even though it was only for a few days.

I looked over at Dom, who had a happy and proud smirk plastered across his face, before he took a sving at his beer.

Somehow I felt that I shouldn't be participating in races anymore. I was a mom after all. But you can't just let go off something like cars and racing. It runs in your veins.

Dom and Brian talked about our latest projects with the cars, while Mia and I was talking about her upcoming wedding. I was so happy that they finally decided to get married.

We were talking about the venue, as we were suddenly interrupted by Amelia.

"Daddy!" She squealed excitedly, while raising a toy car, looking exactly as Dom's charger.

The biggest, proudest smile spread across Dom's lips, as we all chuckled from her reaction.

He quickly stood up from his chair and went to sit down by the children on the lawn.

I just loved to watch Dom play with the kids. He just loved Amelia so much and she made him So proud.

Dom looked over at me with so much love and happiness in his eyes, making my heart flutter for a moment.

We were one big happy family, enjoying our good life.
We had no idea what was waiting ahead of us.

____

I'm sorry it's short! I'll try to update again soon!