Chapter 40 - "She's perfect."

3 months passed. We were all living a happy and comfortable life in La Palma.

I was getting so big and I couldn't wait to get this baby out.

Dom was so excited and spend almost all his time, getting the nursery ready.

I spend quite a lot of time reading and relaxing, because of the huge baby bump. And then I spend quite a lot of time texting and talking with the rest of our team, who were waiting anxiously for news about the baby.

_

The nursery was ready and Dom went back to fixing cars.

I helped him as much as I could. I missed working at a garage and I missed the races. But in my condition I shouldn't work or participate in races.

We were working on my Roadrunner together.  It was getting hot in the sun, so I walked of, grabbed a bottle of water and took a sip, while watching Dom work on the car.

His lightly sunburned skin glistened in the warm sun. I couldn't help but smile. I was just such a lucky girl.
I almost couldn't believe that I was married to this man.

I looked down at my wedding ring, with a foolish grin, as Dom rolled down under the car.

Suddenly I felt a wetness between my legs. I felt my heartbeat rise rapidly.
I knew this day would come, but I guess you can't prepare yourself completely for something like that.

"Dom?" I said, trying to hide the panic in my voice.

He quickly rolled out from under the car and looked questioningly at me.

"I think my water just broke." I said just staring at him, almost afraid to move.

He got up on his feet and walked to me, and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Go get changed. I'll bring the bag and get the car, okay?" He said smiling widely. I was thankful, that he was so calm.

I realized that I had held my breath, and took a deep breath before I went into the house and got changed into clean clothes. I slowly walked out and found Dom waiting by the SRT8.

"Are you okay?" Dom asked as he gently cupped my face. I nodded nervously.

"Okay, let's go." He said before he led me to the passengers side.

Dom picked up his cellphone and called Mia on the way.

"Hey Dom." Mia answered happily.

- "We're headed to the church now." Dom explained calmly.

"Okay. Is Jess feeling okay?" Mia asked. I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"I'm okay." I said, loud enough for her to hear.

"Okay. We'll meet you there." Mia said before she quickly hung up.

We finally arrived at the church, and was greeted by the sisters. Dom stayed by my side and helped me inside, guided by the sisters.

About an hour later Mia and Brian showed up. I was pacing back and forth from the pain, as they walked in. I greeted them happily, trying to hide my pain.

Dom was quickly by my side, as the contractions got worse and I leaned over the bed and groaned in pain.

They got me back into bed and started preparing for the baby to come.

Dom stayed right next to me and Mia and Brian watched from the side. Brian was Mia in his arms. She looked pale. Probably why she would experience the same pain soon.