Chapter 27 - Caught

Stasiak led me to the interrogation room where he questioned me for hours. He was annoying as hell, and I gave him quite an attitude. I just wanted it to be over, so I could go home.

Suddenly Penning walked in.

"Stasiak. We found them. We're going in there, now." He said to Stasiak, peeking through the door.

"Wait!" I yelled as he was about to close the door and leave.

"Let me come with you." I quickly interrupted.

They both just stared at me.
"No." Stasiak answered determined, after a second of thought.

"Come on. I risked my life to help you guys, trying to take down Braga.
The least you can do is to let me come with you, to make sure that they're okay.." I said, staring at Penning with a serious look.

"Okay. You'll go with Stasiak." Penning answered smirking, after a moment of thought.

I knew Penning from the meetings as Letty and I was recruited for their plans to take down Braga.
I guess it wasn't such a bad idea to be on good terms with the boss.

"No, Boss. Wait." Stasiak protested, but Penning just waved his hand and walked off.

Stasiak sighed. "Come on." He said annoyed, gesturing me to follow him.

I happily followed him to the car, with a wide smirk plastered across my face.

We drove for a long time. I don't how long, I lost track of time, while thinking about Dom. Was he okay? Was he able to get out of there?
I just hoped that he got out of there. Safe and alive.

"Why's a girl like you, hanging around with someone like Toretto?" Stasiak suddenly asked, pulling me back from my deep thoughts.

I scoffed annoyed.

"You just see the record." I said harshly, still looking out of the window.

"He may have taken some wrong turns in life, but he's sweet and loyal. He's compassionate. He cares deeply for his family and friends and would do anything to protect them." I said looking directly at Stasiak, with a sharp look.

Stasiak looked back at me for a second, before he put his eyes back on the road. He didn't say anything for the rest of the drive, like I gave him something to think about.

"We found them, Straight ahead." Someone said on the radio, making my heart skip a beat.

"Got it" Stasiak answered.

I was so anxious.
"Can't this car go faster?" I asked annoyed, making Stasiak step harder on the speeder.

I saw a crashed cars in the distance. My heart started pounding faster, and my stomach tightened from worry.

"You stay here." Stasiak ordered before he stopped the car, but I didn't listen. I jumped out of the car and ran as fast as I could, towards them.

"Dom!" I screamed in panic.

As I got around the crashed cars, I noticed Dom kneeling beside Brian.

"Dom!" I yelled a bit calmer this time.

Dom slowly got up and I ran into his arms. The tears streamed down my face.

Dom wrapped his arms around me and gently pulled me closer.

"You should have been long gone." I said crying.

"I'm not running anymore." He said calmly.

I looked up at him, with a confused look on my face.
I didn't understand it.