Chapter 42 - "I need your team"

I woke up with the fresh morning air hitting my body. Dom's strong and warm arms were wrapped around my body, while we were tangled up in the sheets.

Amelia was still sleeping quietly in her room.

I slowly turned around in Dom's arms and looked at him.

"Good morning." He said sleepily, with his eyes still closed.

I placed a soft kiss on his lips. Suddenly he grabbed my body and pulled me on top of him.

I chuckled before I leaned down and kissed his smiling lips.

"I'll go and make breakfast and take care of Amelia." I said before I kissed him and jumped out of bed.

I was about to go and tell Dom that breakfast was ready, with Amelia on my arm.

He was outside on the terrace working on an engine, like he did almost every morning.

"Dom?" I said as I walked through the door and outside.

I was shocked to see, who he were talking to.

"Hobbs." I greeted coldly, making him turn around.

"Hello Jessica." He greeted.

He looked a bit surprised as his eyes fell on Amelia.

"Congratulations." He said, nodding towards Amelia on my arm.

"Thank you." I said in the same cold tone.

"So this is what a 100 million buys?" He asked almost mockingly.
Dom scoffed.

"It wasn't that hard to find you Toretto." Hobbs said looking around.

"I wasn't hiding." Dom answered confidently.

"So how's the life of the retired international criminal?" Hobbs asked, looking between Dom and I.

"I like it here. It's quiet. Nice weather.." Dom trailed off.

"and no extradition." I finished shooting daggers at Hobbs.

"You can't touch us, Hobbs." I spat at him.

"I'm not here to extradite anyone." Hobbs answered, making me look confused to Dom.

"So what are you doing here, cop?" Dom asked.

"Last Tuesday, a team of highly coordinated drivers took down an entire military convoy in Russia." Hobbs explained.

"I don't do cold weather." Dom added smirking.

"I know it wasn't you.
But you're going to help me catch the team responsible." Hobbs answered to Dom's comment.

"Why should we help you?" I asked harshly, as I walked up next to Dom.

"You're going to come voluntarily.
Actually, you're going to beg me." Hobbs answered.

"This was taken a week ago." Hobbs said as he Handed Dom a picture.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw the picture. I guess Dom was just as shocked as I was.

"I'll see you out front." Hobbs said before he walked off.

I shared a confused look with Dom, before I turned my eyes back to the picture.

"It can't be. I watched the car burn, Dom." I said in disbelief and with tears in my eyes. Dom looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. We finally had our family together again, but someone was missing.

"But if there's the slightest chance.." I said, making Dom nod in understanding before I could say more.

I carefully placed Amelia in her crib, before I walked outside to Hobbs, together with Dom.

"I'm going to need everything, all the info you got." Dom said to Hobbs.

"You'll get it when the team gets it." Hobbs answered.

"No team.
This is going to have to be me alone." Dom said seriously. I was about to protest as Hobbs spoke.

"It's not that simple.
The crew we're after, they hit like thunder and disappear like smoke.
You go in alone, you won't ever touch them.
I've been chasing this guy across four continents and 12 countries, and believe me, the last damn place I want to be right now is on your front doorstep, selling Girl Scout cookies." Hobbs explained.

"I need your help, Dom.
I need your team."