Chapter 32 - "A million-dollar quarter-mile."

- - -

- - -

While we were at our hiding place, T and Santos went off to the Police station to get us access to their security cameras.

They were all waiting impatiently in front of the computer as Dom and I walked in, hand in hand.
All the boys shot us a smug grin, which immediatly vanished, when their attention turned back to the screen.

"Got it. We got it!" Mia yelled. We hurried to the others, to have a look.

"Yeah, we're looking at four cameras." Brian added.

"Yo, that's some high-end shit, too.
Marker optics. Hundred-degree field-of-view. Ten seconds oscillation." Han explained.

"Yeah, that's a narrow window, man." Brian said, raising his eyebrow.

"Can't we just tap in and replace the image?" Gisele suggested, looking between them.

"No, it's hooked into a digital sync.
They would know we were in the system. The best we can do is peek." Tej answered.

"We're going to need some real fast cars to get through this." Roman said.

"Not just fast. You got a hard right and a hairpin.We're going to need something agile." Han added, knowing it would be really hard to find a car, to get through it.

"You guys mock up a track." Dom ordered to the others, before a grin formed on his lips.

"O'Conner. Let's go get some cars." He said, making a wide smile spread across Brian's lips.

"Nice." Brian said cheerfully, before following Dom.

- - -

A couple of hours later they returned with a blue Porsche 996 GT3 RS, while the rest of us were relaxing, taking and playing cards

I was feeling more tired than usual, because of the pregnancy. But I did my best to hide it from everyone. There was enough to worry about.

Rome laughed out loudly as he saw them pull up with the bright blue Porsche.

"Really? Where did you get that from? Papa Smurf?" Rome said sarcastically, still laughing.

The rest of us, had marked a track, so we quickly tried the new car.

It was a great car, but sadly, the camera got it every time.

"Okay, O'Conner, give it your best shot." Dom said over the radio to Brian.

"How was that one?" Brian asked as he finished his third round.

"Camera caught you." Han answered disappointed.

"What?" Brian said in disbelief and frustration.

"Yeah, it still caught you." Han repeated.

"Man, I was milking the hell out of that thing, too." Brian said annoyed.