Chapter 16 - Miami

- - -

- - -

A couple of days later, I found my way to Tej's garage, to ask if he knew where I could find Brian.
I was heading back to LA., but I wanted to catch up with him before I left.

"Hey there, girl." Tej greeted as I walked in.

"Hi, Tej. Nice garage." I said impressed as I looked around the garage.

"Can I help you with anything?" He asked.

"Yeah, I hope so. Do you know where I can find Brian? I just want to say hi, before I leave." I explained.

"He lives in the boat outside, but he hasn't been here for a couple of days." He said smirking.

"If you see him, can you tell him that I'm want to see him?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Tej answered.

I was about to leave when Tej yelled. "You can hang around here, if you want to. Your car got a few scratches, right?" He said.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Just take what you need." He said smiling, looking around the garage.

I smiled thankfully at him.
"Thanks." I said happily.

I worked on my car for about an hour. Tej walked up beside me.

"So, what are you doing here in Miami?" He asked.

"Just killing time." I answered giving him a fake smile.

"Well, Miami is just the right place for that." He said, making me chuckle.

"Did you know Brian for a long time?" Tej asked.

"No." I answered shaking my head.

"He was running for my boyfriend and dating his sister, who is my best friend." I explained.

"That sounds complicated." Tej said, raising his eyebrows.

"It wasn't." I laughed lightly.

"We were all just one big happy family." I chuckled.

Suddenly Suki walked in and interrupted us.

"Hey girl! You want to go for a swim?" She asked sweetly.
I looked at Tej. He nodded and smirked at me, almost like he was telling me, that I should go and have some fun.

"Okay. But I didn't bring a swimsuit." I said smiling shyly at Suki.

"Come with me." She said gesturing me to follow her to her car. I made a grimace at Tej, making him laugh, before I followed her

Suki drove us to a shop, where I bought a simple and beautiful bikini. She was actually a really sweet girl.

We drove back to Tej's garage, where a whole bunch of people had gathered by the water.