Chapter 57 - You Can't Tell Someone They Love You

- - -

- - -

Mia smiled to Brian, as she watched Dom play with the kids on the floor. He was still heartbroken, but with each day passing he got a bit better. He had to, for Amelia.

The house felt empty without Jess and the team didn't feel complete any more.
Her roadrunner was still parked in the garage, reminding them of her. Dom couldn't get himself to sell it, because it held so many memories.

Dom was putting the kids to bed, as the door bell rang making Mia and Brian share a confused look.

"I'll go." Brian smiled, before he got up from his seat and walked to the front door.

His heart stopped beating for a second as he opened the door and saw who was on the other side.

"I'm sorry to disturb. But I was left with a note, with this adress on." Jess said, with an apologetic look on her face. She looked different. Her hair was shorter than the last time he saw her, almost a year ago.

"Jess." He almost whispered, trying to wrap his head around, finding her standing at their doorstep.

She looked confused at him, like she was trying to figure out who he was.

"We know each other?" She said confused and clearly uncomfortable.

"Who is it?" Mia asked as she walked into the hall. She stopped and stared in shock, as her eyes fell on Jess.

"Jess." She almost cried, before hurrying forward, embracing a dumbfounded Jess in her arms.

Mia stepped back, clearly confused by Jess's reaction.

"Come in." Brian quickly cut in, trying to ease the awkward situation.

"I don't want to entrude." Jess apologized.

"You live here. It's your home." Mia almost whispered in confusement.

Brian gestured her to walk in, as she slowly followed Mia through the hall and into the living room where Dom had returned, after he put the kids to bed.

Her eyes immediately fell on Dom. He slowly got up from his seat, clearly confused and shocked.

"Jess." He said quietly, as he walked towards her.

Brian quickly cut in, asking her about the note.

She smiled at him, before she passed him the note. Mia and Dom shared a confused look, as Brian read the note.