Chapter 5 - The Charger

- - -

- - -

That afternoon I helped Dom prepare his car for the race later that night.
It was like something was on his mind, but I didn't dare to ask.

"Nice job, this afternoon." I said, smiling foolishy.

Dom chuckled in response.

Afterwards we went home to have dinner and clean up the place for the party after the race.

I got ready together with Mia. We straigtened our hair, put on some make up and got dressed. I dressed in black jeans with shiny details, a simple white tank top and black wedges.

We finished and went downstairs, where the boys were waiting.

The guys whistled, when they noticed ud walking down the stairs.

"Are you ready to go?" Mia asked them.

I exchanged a look with Dom, before we all walked to the cars. I drove with Mia.

There were already cars and people everywhere as we arrived. Mia parked the car and we slowly walked towards Dom, who was standing in the middle of the crowd.

A bunch of girls tried to get Dom's attention and tried flirting with him.
I felt the jealousy boil inside of me, as I watched them.

Mia and I continued through the crowd and finally reached Dom. A warm smile spread across his face, as soon as he noticed me. I stopped right next to him, waiting for what would happen next. These street races were always so exciting.

"Okay, Hector." Dom said loudly, just before he gently placed his hand on my lower back. My heart skipped a beat as I felt his touch. I couldn't help but smile to myself from his sweet gesture.

"Yeah? What's up, man?" Hector said walking closer, shaking hands with Dom.

Dom greeted another guy named Edwin.

"How we doing this tonight?" Edwin asked.

"One race. $2,000 buy-in. Winner takes all." Dom answered. He was always so serious and controlled.

"Hector, you're going to hold the cash." Dom continued.

"Why Hector?" Another participant asked confused.

"Too slow to make away with the money." Edwin answered, making the crowd laugh.

A small laugh escaped Dom's lips, before he looked down at me.

"Drive safe." I said quietly, earning myself a soft smile from him.

"Okay. Good luck, guys." Dom said on his way to the driver's seat.

"Hey, wait. Hold up. I don't have any cash. But I do have the pink slip to my car." Brian suddenly interrupted.

"You just can't climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you box." Jesse hissed.