Chapter 30 - "Because we got a job."

I so badly wanted to tell Dom about the pregnancy, but I couldn't take this moment away from Mia and Brian. So I decided to wait, for the perfect moment. If there ever would be a good moment to tell your boyfriend you are pregnant, while you are on the run.

We went off to find a new hiding place. We finally found an old fabric slash warehouse. It was huge and we would be safe there.

We got something to eat and then Mia passed out in a chair. It had been a really long and stressed day.

Dom and I watched the city, from the small balcony. I turned around in his arms and looked directly at him.

"I'm so happy to be here with you." I said smiling at him, before he leaned down for a soft kiss.

Suddenly Brian walked out on the balcony. We both welcomed him with a warm smile.

He leaned against the railing and took a sip of his beer. He seemed a bit frustrated.

"Hey, Dom, what do you remember about your father?" Brian suddenly asked, making us both stare at him for a moment.

"My father." Dom started, leaning up against the railing. He gently pulled me towards him, and wrapped his free arm around me.

"He used to...
He used to have a barbecue every Sunday after church.
For anybody in the neighborhood.
If you didn't go to church, you didn't get any barbecue.
Every single day he was in the shop, and every single night, he was at the kitchen table with Mia, helping her with her homework.
Even after she went to sleep, he'd stay up for a few more hours so he could learn the next chapter and help her the next day.

I remember everything about my father. Everything." Dom told, smiling happily from the thought of his father. I couldn't help but smile. I wished I had met Dom's father. He seemed like an amazing person.

"That's just it.
I don't remember shit about my dad.
I don't remember him yelling.
I don't remember him smiling.
To be honest with you, I don't even remember what the hell he looked like.
I don't remember.
He just...He was just never there." Brian said in a sad and desperate tone.

"You ain't going to be like that, Brian." Dom said smiling warmly at him.

"You're going to be a great father Bri." I reassured him.

"What about you Jess?" Brian asked.

"My father?" I scoffed.

"My father was always there. But most of the time he was drunk and then he would just say things to hurt you on purpose." I told.
"There's not much more to tell." I finished, giving a fake smile.

Dom looked surprised at me. We never really talked about my family. I didn't want to talk about them.

We all took a glance at Mia, who was sleeping in a chair inside.

"We can't keep running, Dom.
We got to get out. We got to get out now." Brian said seriously.

"You're right." Dom said.

He reached into his pocket and took out the small chip.

"Here's how we're going to do it.
We're going to use this." He said showing the chip to Brian.

"We're going do one last job.
We're going to take all of Reyes' money.
Every dime of it, and disappear.
Forever." Dom said smirking confidently.

"New passports.
New lives with no more looking over our shoulder.
And we're just going to buy our freedom." Brian added.

"That's right." Dom said still smirking.