Chapter 54 - Now We're Talking

- - -

- - -

"Looks like our demon love child worked." Tej pointed out as he and the rest of the team walked up to Dom and his car after he escaped Jakande and his men, by driving over a cliff.

"That's one way down a mountain." Brian said sarcastic, as he walked up to Dom, who was panting from the huge crash.

"Where's Ramsey?" He then asked, making Dom look down on the car.

- - -

They brought her somewhere safe, near a lake and just waited for her to gain consciousness.

"She don't look like a hacker to me." Rome said quietly to Tej after Letty pointed out that Ramsey was awake.

"Oh, yeah? And what do hackers look like?" Tej asked raising an eyebrow.

"They don't supposed to look like that.
I'm just saying, like, you know how they normally wear them little, weird glasses that's all crooked, and pimples all over their face from drinking soda?
I mean, trust me, with a body like that, you ain't gonna park it behind a computer." Rome continued making Tej shake his head.

"How are you feeling? Did you hit your head'?
Feeling nauseous?

Ears ringing? No'?" Brian asked, checking in on Ramsey.

"Where's my shoe?" She asked confused looking down at her foot.

"Oh' it flew off when you crashed.
If you start experiencing any of

those things, let me know, okay?" Brian smiled at her.

"I don't know whether to thank you for rescuing me or kick your ass for throwing me off a cliff." Ramsey almost scoffed to herself.

"Thank us or kick our ass, huh?
How about you tell us where that device is?" Dom asked in his usual calm and slightly cold tone.

"I mailed it to a friend. In Abu Dhabi." Ramsey answered quickly and without much thought.

"That was pretty easy. That other team would have tortured you for that information." Brian pointed out pretty surprised.

"I didn't trust them. I trust you." Ramsey said making Letty scoff.

"Now, why would you trust us?
You barely know us." Letty asked.

"I know enough." Ramsey answered turning her eyes to Brian.

"Ex-cop. Military, something like that.
The way you took out them guys shows training." She finished before turning her eyes to Tej.