Chapter 4 - Meeting Brian

We drove around for a while, mostly in silence

The sun was about to go down as we reached the beach. Dom parked the car and we slowly got out and walked towards the water.

"Do you like it here?" Dom asked as we walked down the beach.

"Yeah. The weather's nice." I chuckled, looking over at Dom.

"And I really enjoy being around you guys." I continued, with a more serious look, making a smile spread across his face.

We walked back and sat on the hood of his car and watched the sunset.

"Do you have any siblings?" Dom asked.
I looked at him and smiled, before I answered. The thought of my family, made my stomach tighten.
"I have a younger brother." I answered.

We talked until the sun was completely down, before he drove me home.

"Thank you." I said smiling at Dom, as he parked the car by my motel.

"See you around." I added before I was about to get out of the car.

"Jess?" Dom suddenly said, making me sit back in my seat and look at him.

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow? We could work on some cars? I can pick you up." He suggested.

"Sounds fun." I answered smiling widely, trying to contain my excitement.

"See you tomorrow then." I added, before I gave him one last smile and got out of the car.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, as I walked to my room.

- - -

The next morning I woke up to a text.

"I'll pick you up in an hour. Breakfast is on me.
Dom."

I smiled to myself, as I rolled back into bed. I couldn't wait to spend the day with Dom, working on cars.

I quickly got out of bed and took a shower.
I braided my hair, put on my make up and got dressed.

Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

"Come in." I said, while gathering the last things.
Dom slowly opened the door and walked in. "Good morning." I greeted happily as he walked in. He smiled at me, making the butterflies in my stomach grow.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered walking towards him and the door.

We got some breakfast on the way to the shop and garage.
"Thanks for breakfast." I said smiling at him, as we reached the shop.

Mia was studying behind the counter, as we walked in.
"Hi." She greeted happily as she noticed us. We hugged, like we had been friends forever, before I followed Dom into the garage.