Chapter 13 - Goodbye

- - -

- - -

The three of us returned to the house. Vince was in the hospital and Leon had left with Letty. No one knew where Jesse was.

Dom ordered Mia and I to get into the house as soon as we got out of my roadrunner.

"You don't get to command with me." I spat at him, with teary eyes.

"Jess, get inside. I'm going to search for Jesse!" He hissed at me, before he walked towards the garage to get the Charger.

"For what? Our family is broken!" I yelled, with the tears streaming down my face, making Dom freeze in his track, just for a moment.

"Vince is fighting for his life. And even if Vince survives and you find Jesse, there's no chance that they're ever going to come home!" I screamed angrily at him.

"We lost everything." I said almost whispering, before I turned on my heels and walked inside with Mia.

Dom pulled his Charger out of the garage and took a weapon with him.

Mia and I suddenly saw Brian pull up with the Supra and hurried outside to see what was going on.

"Dom, put the gun down now!" We heard him yell.

"Move your car." Dom hissed at Brian.

"No bullshit! Put it down now! No more running!" Brian yelled.

"I'm not running!" Dom yelled back angrily, walking towards him.

"Where's Leon and Letty?" Brian asked.

"They're long gone!" Dom said.

"Then it's over. I didn't call the police, but don't push me! Put the gun down. I swear to God!" Brian warned.

"You are the cop! You're a cop!" Dom yelled, clearly hurt by the fact that Brian had betrayed him.

Brian went speechless, with a sorrowful look on his face.

"Brian, I got to find Jesse before they do. I'm all the kid's got.." Dom said, his voice softening as he spoke about Jesse.

"I'll call in the plates. PD will pick him up way before Johnny even gets near him." Brian said.

"Move your car." Dom said loading his gun, not happy about Brian's suggestions.

"Dom, stop it! It's over. Please." Mia yelled frustrated behind me.

"Mia, stay out of it!" Dom yelled at her.

Suddenly the Jetta pulled up on the street in front of our house, and Jesse got out.

"Dominic, I am so sorry. I don't know what I'm doing, Dom.
I'm so scared right now. I don't know what's going on." Jesse explained, with shaky voice.