Chapter 36 - Fleeing

"Do you want to know the gender of the baby?" The doctor asked in broken English.

Dom and I shared a look.

Dom nodded to me. I looked back at the doctor. "We want to know." I answered smiling.

The doctor looked at the screen again . "It's a girl." She said smiling at us. "A girl." Dom repeated happily.

He looked so happy, as he leaned down and kissed me. "Congratulations, man." Brian said, before they hugged each other with huge smile on their faces.

Brian leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Congratulations Jess." He said smiling warmly at me.

We went back to our hideout, where the others were waiting for us.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked concerned as she hurried to me, while Brian carefully helped me out of the car.

"I'm fine." I reassured her.

"And the baby?" She asked, with everyone's eyes turned on us.

"She's fine." I answered, making Mia smile widely.

"It's a girl?" She asked excitedly.

I chuckled and nodded in response.

"Congratulations!" She exclaimed before she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me. Slowly everyone gathered around us and congratulated Dom and I, on our little baby girl.

"Let's look at that vault." Dom said after a few moments, as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

We all waited nervously for Tej to open the vault.

"Come on, baby. Don't be mean." He said nervously, before he placed the handprint on the screen.

The scanner beeped and then made an unlocking sound. We all walked a few steps closer to have a better look at the vault, before we all shared a nervous look.

Tej slowly opened the vault and the money fell out.

I looked up at Dom with a huge relieved smile.

"We're free." I said almost whispering.
Dom looked down and smiled warmly at me before we hugged and kissed happily.

We all walked around and hugged each other.

While the others counted and diveded the money, Mia and I packed our stuff.

I slowly walked to Dom's Charger, which was crashed by Hobbs earlier.
I sighed sadly.
She was in really bad condition.

I looked at her for a couple of minutes before Dom walked up behind me.

He looked questioningly at me.
"We need to get the cars with us." I said deternimed. Dom nodded, before he walked closer to me.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked, as he pulled me closer.
"I don't care, as long you're with me." I said smirking, before I walked towards my own car.

"Oh, wait. It has to be somewhere with a beach. I always wanted a beach wedding.
And I want it to be close to Mia and Brian." I said smirking as I turned around and walked backwards towards my car.
Dom chuckled from my comment. He knew how much I loved the beach.

I stopped by my own car. "Can we bring that too?" I said, looking over at the Charger SRT8 before I looked back at Dom. He just smirked and walked closer to me again.

We started to put our bags into my car together.

Suddenly Han walked up beside me.
"Here's your money, Jess." He said as he handed me a bag with money.
I looked surprised at him.
In the same second Rome suddenly walked up and dropped a bag in front of me.