Chapter 41 - The second you go through those doors"

Amelia was about a month old as we gathered our family.

We decided to meet at Mia and Brian's house, because their house was bigger and they had a huge garden.

Mia and I was setting everything up in the garden, while Dom and Brian were cooking the food on the grill, waiting for everyone to arrive.
Amelia was sleeping quietly in her baby carriage.

Suddenly the sound of roaring engines came nearer.

I shared an excited smile with Mia.

Finally 5 cars pulled up and our whole family jumped out and walked towards us.

They were all here; Gisele, Han, Tej,  Rome, Leon, Jesse, Vince, Rosa and Nico.

I couldn't be more excited. Mia and I hurried towards them, to greet them.
She was getting so huge. She was really close to term.

"Hey baby girl!" Rome said happily, before he hugged me tightly.

"Hi Rome." I said happily, before returning his tight hug.

"When are we going to see your little baby girl?" Tej said excitedly.

"Go and get something to eat, then I'll bring her to you." I answered smiling, looking at the whole group we had gathered.

I walked to the baby carriage and picked up Amelia, and carried her back to the others. She didn't mind the sound of the engines, and had just slept through all the noice.

Everyones attention turned to me, as I walked up to them with Amelia on ny arm.

They all gathered around us, to take a look at my little baby girl.

"Omg. She's so sweet." Rome exclaimed, almost surprised.

"Did you expect anything else?" I laughed.

"She's beautiful. Dom must be very proud." Gisele said, looking over at Dom.

"Can I hold her?" Rome asked.

I smiled warmly at him, before I carefully gave Amelia to him.

He held her so carefully. It was funny to watch Rome, be so careful and gentle around something.

Everyone congratulated Dom and I, before we sat down and had dinner and catched up on things.

_

A few days later I was at Brian and Mia's house, talking with Mia. Dom and Brian were out racing against each other.

Amelia was sitting in her car seat, placed on the table.
"She's so sweet." Mia said happily, gently rocking her chair.

"Yeah. I think that too, now that she's sleeping through the night." I said jokingly.

She gently rocked Amelia again.

"What about Dom? Does he take his turns?" She asked.

"Yes. He's amazing. He often takes her with him, when he works on the cars. It seems like it calms her down." I answered, smiling at her.

Mia chuckled lightly.
"No wonder. She's your child after all."

I couldn't help but laugh from her comment.

"She's a Toretto." I said smirking, before turning my eyes to my daughter.

I looked down at my hands and sighed.

"You miss the cars." Mia said, making me look at her.
She looked intensely at me.

I scoffed at myself.
"I know I shouldn't. I'm a mother now.
But, yeah. I miss the cars, the speed, the adrenalin." I answered smiling weakly.

Mia just nodded in understanding before she got up and walked to the kitchen sink.

"Oww." Mia said in pain as she stepped away from me. She placed a hand on her belly, and her whole body tensed.

"Mia? Are you okay?" I asked concerned, as I got up from my chair.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She answered, panting lightly.

"I think we should go to the church, just to be sure. You're so close to term." I said seriously.

"No. I'm fine Jess." She argued.

"I'll get Amelia in the car, and then we're going to the church." I said in a sharp tone.

"It's going to be fine." I said, smiling reassuringly, trying to calm her down.

I hurried to my car, with Amelia in her car seat, trying to get my phone out of my pocket.

I called Dom. But I wasn't sure that he would pick up, when they were racing.

As expected, he didn't answer. I quickly got Amelia placed in her car seat, just before Mia walked to the car.

"Let's go." I said smiling. She just nodded before she got into the car. She had a worried look on her face.

Damnit boys. Why did you have to go and race today?! I thought to myself.

"Jess, I'm scared." Mia said with panic in her voice.

"Hey, it's going to be fine. You'll be fine." I said smiling reassuringly at her.

"Is it as painfull as it looks?" She asked.

I thought for a moment.
"No, it's not that bad." I lied. I didn't want to scare her even more.

"And it's totally worth it." I added, smiling warmly at her.

I quickly got Mia to the church. As they were examining her, I stayed outside, and carried Amelia around in the car seat.

I tried calling both Brian and Dom again.

"Come on Dom. Pick up, pick up." I whispered to myself as I called him again.

"Hello?" That familiar deep husky voice said on the other end.

"Thank god. I'm at the church with Mia. They're examining her right now." I quickly explained.

"We'll get there." Dom said seriously, before he hung up.

I walked inside to Mia.

She was definitely in pain.

"They said the baby was coming now." She said with panic in her voice.

"What?" I said in shock.

I quickly got myself together, for Mia's sake.

"I just talked with Dom. They are on their way." I answered as calmly as I could.

I sat down next to Mia, and gently stroke her hair. Amelia was next to me, sleeping quietly in her seat.

Finally I heard car engines roar.
I smiled at Mia, before I got up and took Amelia with me.

I hurried outside and was met by Brian. Panic was written all over his face.

"It's okay, you're just in time." I said, trying to calm him down.

"You're going to be a great father, Brian." Dom said as Brian was about to walk inside.

"What makes you so sure?" Brian asked insecurely.

"Because I'll be there to kick your ass if you ain't." Dom answered smirking, making Brian smirk too.

"Get in there." I said smiling widely.

"Brian.
Remember, the second you go through those doors, everything changes.
Our old life is done." Dom said looking intensely at him.