Chapter 11 - Race Wars

After what felt like an awfully long drive and waiting in a long line of by the entrance, we finally reached Race Wars

My car was so amazing, and I couldn't believe, that it was mine.

We parked our cars and got settled in.

It was crazy and amazing at the same time. There was people and cars everywhere. Music was playing, and people were dancing and having fun.

"Let's get you racing." Dom said smiling at me. I swallowed thickly before I slowly walked to my car.

I drove into line. I noticed the others watching from the side. Letty was up after me.

It was almost my turn to race. Dom quickly walked to me. "Are you okay?" He asked a bit concerned. I nodded in response.

"What are we racing about?" The driver beside us yelled.

"2 grand." Dom answered, showing him the money before he gave them to me. The driver nodded in agreement.

"No, Dom. What if I..." I started.
"You won't." He quickly said, stopping me. I looked at him and nodded.

I was up next. Dom walked to the other side.

I looked at him one last time before we drove off.

I had a good start, but the other car pulled up beside me, and then in front of me, using NOS. I didn't take my eyes off the road.

Too soon, I thought to myself, followed by a chuckle.

I took a deep breath and then used my NOS and got in front and won the race.
I looked in the back mirror, and could see Leon jump around in excitement, making me laugh.

I pulled up beside the other cars near the trailers, where the others were waiting for me.

"You got it, girl!" Leon yelled at me, as they all hurried to me.

I quickly ran towards Dom and jumped into his arms. "I did it! I did it!" I squealed happily.
"Of course you did." He said calmly and smiling, as he put me back down on my feet.

The others walked to me, hugged and congratulated me.

The driver I raced against pulled up beside my car.
"Nice racing, girl. Here's your money." He said handing me the 2 grand.

I couldn't believe I just won my first race.

- - -

I was relaxing near the trailer as Brian pulled up beside my car.

"Hey!" I greeted as he walked closer. "Hey! Have you been racing?" He asked smiling.

"Yep. Three races. Won them all." I chuckled.
"I guess, I have something to live up to, then." Brian laughed.

"Yeah." I laughed triumphantly.

Suddenly Jesse burst out of the trailer.

"What's up?" He said as he passed us.

"Hey, what's up, Jesse? What's in your hand?" Brian asked, quickly following behind. I quickly got up and followed them. I wanted to watch him race and be supportive.

"Throwing down the pink slip, just like you." Jesse explained.

"The pink slip to what? The Jetta?" Brian asked confused. "Yeah." Jesse confirmed.

"You can't bet your dad's car." Brian protested.

"It's all right. I ain't losing. This fool is running a Honda 2000.
I'll win. That way, me and my dad can roll when he gets out of prison. It's all good." Jesse said, talking really fast.

"They're gonna throw him right back in prison after he kills you." Brian said.

"Are you sure It's a good idea, Jesse?" I asked, but he didn't listen.

Leon had pulled the Jetta up to the line and it was already Jesse's turn.

"You visualize the win. Visualize the win, Jesse. I'm serious. You got to listen to me, man." Leon said to him, as Jesse got in the car. But I don't think he was listening.

"Who are you racing?" Brian asked. He looked to the other driver. I didn't know him, but Brians face changed. This couldn't be good.

"Jesse, don't do it. I bet you he's got more than $100,000 under the hood of that car." Brian tried to convince Jesse. But he wasn't listening at all.

They drove off. He had a really good start, but he used his NOS to early and the other driver won. The car was just faster.

Jesse probably panicked, 'cause he just drove off.
"We got a problem." Leon said before he stormed off to find Dom.

Brian and I quickly followed Leon, who ran to Dom and Vince, who were sitting in one of the tents.

"Yo! Heads up, bro. We got problems." Leon said as he finally reached them.

"What?" Dom said a bit annoyed.

"Jesse." Leon said pointed at the Jetta, driving towards the exit.

"Where's Jesse going?" Dom asked.

"He just raced Tran for slips." Leon explained.

"Oh, shit." Dom said rubbing his forehead.

Tran pulled up to us in his car.

"Where's he going?" He asked angrily as he jumped out of the car.

"He went to the car wash." Dom lied.

"Whatever. Go fetch my car." Tran ordered.

"Go fetch your car? We're not on your block.
You better watch who you talk to like that." Dom said annoyed, pointing his finger at Tran before he walked away.

"Toretto! Toretto!" Tran yelled angrily, making Dom stop and turn around.

"SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family, because somebody narked me out.
And you know what? It was you!" Tran just finished before Dom ran to him and punched him. Tran fell to the ground and Dom hit him a couple of times, even though the security tried to pull him off.

People around us went crazy, and gathered around them and started cheering. Leon quickly pulled me out of the crowd, and got me in a safe distance.

"Get off of him, man." Vince yelled pushing a security guard away from Dom.

"Dom, chill out, man. Come on!" Vince yelled as he tried to pull him away.

"I never narked on nobody! I never narked on nobody!" Dom yelled at Tran as they pulled him off him.

"Are you okay?" Leon asked holding me by the shoulders, looking directly at me. I nodded. "I'm fine." I reassured him.

" I'll go to the trailer." I said before I walked off.

It was just all just too much. I grabbed a soda and sat down in the trailer. I sighed as I sank deeper into the seat.

Suddenly the door to the trailer was roughly ripped open and Dom jumped inside.

"Are you okay? Leon told me, that you seemed upset." Dom asked concerned as he kneeled beside me.

"I'll be fine, Dom." I said standing up, walking towards some of my bags. "Hey." Dom said softly, as he grabbed my arm, making me stop. "I'm sorry, you had to see that." He said pulling me closer.

"I understand why you did it." I said into his chest. "It's all just a bit much." I explained.

"I know." He said softly.

"You got him pretty good." I laughed, making Dom laugh too.

We kissed and walked outside, back to the others.