Chapter 58 - Cuba

Since that a lot of you had problems seeing the whole chapter, I made a new one.

- - -

I slowly got some of my memory back. I started to remember people and some of the things that had happened, but I still had a long way.

We all found a really good daily rhythm with kids, while Dom, Brian and I spend most of our time at a garage we rented.

I loved being back at a garage, spending the day working on cars and then come home to Amelia. We slowly started to bond again and I finally felt like her mother.

I was doing some small fixes on my SRT 8, when Dom walked out with Amelia on his arm.

"Hey sweetheart." I said smiling turning to Dom and Amelia as they walked up to me.

"Do you want to sit behind the steering wheel?" I asked Amelia, who nodded excitedly in response. Dom put her down on her feet, before she stormed off and jumped into the car and started making driving sounds.

Dom and I couldn't help but chuckle, as we watched her.

"I guess we can't deny that she's our child." I laughed, as Dom pulled me closer to him with one arm around my lower back.

"Do you think that means trouble, when she gets older?" Dom asked with a crooked smile.

"Yeah, definitely." I laughed at him..

- - -

Dom decided that it would be good for us to go away for some time, just us, to rebuild our relationship and finally going on that honeymoon.
We left Amelia in good hands with Mia and Brian as we left for Havana in Cuba.

The place was just amazingly beautiful. I really loved the culture and the people there. I met some of Dom's family there too.

After a few days in Havana, Dom brought me to a huge gathering near the water.

As we walked between all the cars, I felt happier than I had felt for a long time. No worries, no threats and Amelia was in good hands and we could enjoy ourselves for some time.
And all the vintage cars gathered at one place amazed me.

We walked up to a young man working on his car.

"We swap in parts from Ford Plymouths and Cadillac.
My grandfather bought it in 1957.

When he died it passed to my father.
Then my brother and now to me." He explained after we watched him for a while.

"Look at this, this is an engine from a boat." Dom pointed out to me.

- "No way." I said in disbelief.

- "Yeah! Whatever it takes to keep it running!" The young man said smiling, as his father patted his back proudly.

"This is a cuban spirit. Your spirit, keep it up. Never ever lose that." Dom said smiling proudly. This place made him so happy.

"Dom.. It's your cousin..
He's in trouble, come quickly!

Come on, come on." A woman said worried as she hurried to us. I shared a confused look with Dom, before we hurried off after her