Intro/ Chapter 1

Before you read there is a trailer up there 👆 ^ if you'd like to check that out!! Enjoy and thanks for reading!!

~~~~~~

"Hey it's Adam, sorry I can't answer the phone right now! Leave a message after the beep.."

I bit on my fingernails waiting for his answering machine to finish so I could leave my message.

"Adam it's Allison, obvy.. I just want to say you won our bet. I fell and scuffed up my knee meaning I am the clumsy one as you said. Let me take you out to dinner... or maybe come over to my place and I can order some pizza. Of course only if you aren't busy with uh- what's her name?" I knew her name I just couldn't get myself to get it out of my throat. It was like poison to my ears and everytime Adam came over he just had to mention her...

Sure they were together but still..

"Anyways call me back, love ya!" With that I hung up, glancing down at his contact. I had put the picture I had of him with the coffee foam mustache. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. We had just gotten off of what was supposed to only be a 6 hour flight but ended up having an unexpected 5 hour lay over and by the time we got to our destination we had to hurry to Adam's parent's 50th anniversary. 

We got to the nearest coffee shop where we hurried down some coffee and a snack before we went to our hotel to change. Our eyes were blood shot and by the time we got to the venue his parents thought we had gotten high or something on our way over.. 

Adam had been my best friend for a very long time. We've known each other since we were freshman's in high school. He was also my next door neighbor. I ignored him through most of high school up until senior year. 

He was the popular jock and I was the "no body" not a loser or anything just wasn't seen. It didn't help that I grew up so self conscious.. I was a foster kid so I never had nice clothes or makeup. I took the bus to school everyday and after holiday breaks every kid would come back bragging about what they got for Christmas or what fancy vacation their parents took them on while I was sent random gifts from people I had never met that were basically donating to me.

I didn't start talking to Adam until one day I had ran outside to get the mail. I had saved up enough money to order myself some book I had been wanting to read and it had finally came. While running out I accidentally tripped over my own feet. Adam was right.. I'd always had been clumsy.

Well in that moment the only person outside was of course Adam, he was skateboaring down the side walk when he stopped infront of me because I had fell in his way. I had always thought Adam was cute. He was cute I just never talked to him because I knew he was too cute for me. 

"You okay?" He had asked while helping me up. I nodded my head not trusting my words. I watched as he used his fingers to wipe off the blood coming from the scrape on top of my forehead.

Adam was tall and had always been tall, I was looking up to him and watching him with wander. He had dark brown eyes, slight freckles around his face, semi long dark hair.. he was just cute.

"I think my mom has a med kit in the garage, cmon." He didn't hesitate to grab his skateboard off the ground and his other hand he used to grab my hand and guide me next door. I wanted to protest but something told me not to. Before I knew it I was in Adam's garage, laughing as he told me jokes to distract me from him cleaning up my wound with an alcohol wipe.

Little did I know he had actually been distracting me from realizing how banged up my head was. I ended up needing stitches after that..

I was distracted from my thoughts when my phone started ringing. It was Adam.

"How's the scrape?" He asks. I can hear the smirk in his voice..

"It hurts." I murmur, defeated.

"I'll be over tonight with some pizza, choose a movie." 

"No wait I was supposed to treat you!" I protest.

"Nah. Choose a movie, I'll bring some cheap wine as well. See you soon, love ya!" He hung up before I could protest anymore. 

A smile played on my lips.

Ohh it was so clearly obvious. I didn't wanna admit it. I didn't wanna spell it out. I didn't even want to think about it for Christ sake! But of course it was in the back of my mind. Hidden behind a door, just knocking waiting for me to realize it was there at all.

The painful obvious truth, the truth that I tried to pretend I was oblivious to for so long.... I was in love with my best friend.