Sued

I was in the middle of debating on sending Nicole an invitation to our wedding party celebration thingy. Whatever you want to call it.

It made sense to invite her just to be nice. Yet I couldn't even get myself to write her address on the envelope.

Being around Nicole made me nervous and quite jealous. She has so much to share with Adam, so much they've been through. So much in common and I hate to admit it.

I bit my lip, sighing.

"Morning." I felt Adams lips kiss my cheek. "Morning." I murmur, looking down at the blank yellow envelope.

"What are you doing?" He asks. "Just finishing the invitations before I send them out later." I murmur.

"You already set a date?" He asks, arching his eyebrows at me.

"Yes. It'll be 3 weeks from now. I found a nice venue as well. We'll have to find some caterers asap though." I point out.

"Damn you're fast." He shook his head at me as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"I was thinking about inviting Nicole." I say, standing up, walking over towards him. "Really?" He asks, as if he didn't believe it.

Which I wasn't surprised at. "Yeah." I nod.

"Wow. What a step." He gives me a smile before pouring his creamer in his coffee. "I mean if that's okay with you. I know it'd be weird to have her there." I point out. I somewhat was hoping that he wouldn't want her there and he'd be against this whole sending her an invitation thing, but I knew Adam. He wasn't one to hold a grudge, and he sure as hell wasn't about to hold one against his baby mama.

"No, not at all. Go ahead and invite her." He smiles before taking a drink of his coffee.
"Oh god what time is it?" He asks suddenly, looking down at his watch. "Shit, I'm gonna be late for work and I'm meeting up with a friend for breakfast." He puts his coffee cup in the sink, still full of coffee that he had just prepared for himself.

He grabs his coat and laptop case. "But yo-" before i can even finish my sentence, he leans in and pecks my lips. "I'll see you tonight! Love you." With that he hurried out the door.

I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

~ Adams pov~~~

"Thanks for meeting up with me." I murmur, taking a seat in the booth. "Well I figure I'd hear you out before taking any extreme measures." Nicole mutters her hands crossed over her chest as she studied my face.

"I just don't understand what happened Nicole." I had been searching my brain all week ever since my lawyers had approached me with the news.

I couldn't understand what I had done or what had went wrong. "Nothing. I just think I had a lot to do with your success and I should get credit for it." She points out with a smirk on her face. I frown.

"My business was made before I even met you. It was passed down to me from my father. It was worth millions of dollars before it even became mine." I point out. "You have no case." I shrug, smirking.

"Well I wouldn't say that." She smiles a knowing look before pulling something out of her bag. It was a yellow folder. She hands it over to me. I hesitate before opening it and scanning the papers inside.

"I helped make you millions of dollars. I helped get most the places you own. And on top of that, since I was your wife at the time, I was able to sign my name on those contracts. Meaning-" she pauses. "Those, if not all mine, half." I couldn't stop myself from gulping.

I looked through the papers, all the copies of contracts. "I'm not giving you half my business." I spit out, fist clenched. "Well I'm hoping to get all of it. If not then most. I have enough evidence to prove that when we were together, you had me basically as the CFO. Meaning you had already considered it half mine." I take in a deep breath, throwing the folder across the table.

"You can go after me all you want Nicole. I'll let my business go up in flames before handing it over to you." I stand up, grabbing my coat and walking out.

I had no idea how this would go down. But Nicole was suing me for half or most of my business as she so nicely puts it.

Even though the business wasn't under her name, my last name was hers and that was enough to be able to consider it hers. Now she wants it.

I shook my head in disgust at the thought.

I have to figure out a way to fix this before it gets too dirty. I can't let this happen. I couldn't even believe it was happening.

Ever since Nicole and I's divorce, everything been fine. We share Boston and we managed to get along until this point.

It just didn't make sense for her to be doing this to me. Especially when she's very successful in the career she has now. She's able to makes living for herself and more. So why in the hell would she try and come after me as if she made me who I am now and I'm suppose to pay her back for that or something?