Relieved

"I'm not pregnant." I whisper. "Oh thank God!" Katie says, holding onto her chest. I felt a big weight on my shoulders leave, but apart of me felt a little bad for being happy that I wasn't pregnant. Although I wouldn't regret getting pregnant because I'm sure I'd love my child more than anything, I wasn't ready to be a parent, especially with Adam!

"Wow that was a close one!" Katie spat. "Next time maybe you and Adam should think about using a condom?" I glare at her. "Sorry just trying to make good out of this very awkward situation." I sigh, throwing the test in the garbage can. "So are you going to call Adam and tell him the good news?" She asks. I bite my lip. "I'm not sure, I mean things between me and Adam aren't ever going to be the same." I mutter.

"I feel like I've already lost him." She nods. " I mean the situation isn't anything 2 best friends should be in, and it probably most likely will ruin your friendship if it hasn't already." I look at her. She was completely right. If things between me and Adam weren't already ruined, they for sure would be now.

Things between me and him would always be awkward all because of that one night, and not only that but I had a pregnancy scare, our best friend relationship was definitely over by now. Ugh!

"Call him and tell him that you aren't pregnant." Katie says handing me my phone. "Can't you call him? I really don't feel like talking to him." I whisper. "No Allison, he's going to know something's up with you if I'm the one telling him." I glare at her. "Of course something up! I can't be friends with him anymore! Not when he kno- when he knows that I feel something for him." I run my hands through my hair, feeling like pulling it out.

"Obviously he feels something for you since he let himself have sex with you. If he remembers that you two did it, that means he at least knows he wanted to!" She had a point, like always. "Adam's engaged, he's getting married and there isn't anything between us. And even if there is, he loves Nicole and truth be told his feelings for her are probably bigger than his for me."

I look down at my phone. "Now I'm just going to text him that I'm not pregnant. I still need time, and I don't feel like talking to him." I say, getting ready to text him. "At one point he's going to want to talk to you." She says. "He can talk to me when I'm ready to talk to him. He lied to me about all this and kept it from me. I'm pissed."

~~~

"I'm glad you wanted to talk to me, I didn't think you would after what I told you." I say to Zack. "Yeah well I really like you and we never really made our relationship serious.. and I want a relationship with you Allison." I bite my lip. "Even after-" "Ya even after you slept with someone. I want to be with you but I need to know if this is real for you and that you'll actually take us seriously." I hadn't told him that the person I slept with was actually Adam. I don't think I wanted to.

I barely found out myself and it would just mess up everything if I told him that it was Adam. He knows that Adam is my best friend, and if he found out we slept together on a drunken night, he'd know that I had feeling for Adam. "Of course I'll take it seriously. I want to be with you Zack." I admit. Zack was a good guy and maybe he actually was that someone that would help me fall out of love with Adam.

"Good.. maybe will take it a little slower, but I want this to work." I smile at him. "Me too."