Lunch

Guys I want to say sorry if this chapter isn't spell corrected or whatever you call it. I wanted to update but I've been busy all day long and it's 4 in the morning and I just finished writing this chapter and attempting to edit it. Anyways enjoy!

~~

"So with that, I ran out of her apartment with my shit and left." Zack says.

"Let me get this straight-" I put my finger up motioning for him to give me a second well I took the last big gulp of my beer.

"You had a one night stand and you got up in her apartment to get water, ended up knocking down her whole china shelf and just left? Without saying a word?" He nods, shaking his head at my sudden hysterical laughing.

"You're such an idiot!" I laugh out.

He smiles, leaning back in the booth and starring at his almost empty glass of tequila.

"I think we're drunk." He announced suddenly.

I couldn't disagree with him. We had been drinking since we got here, in fact we didn't even order lunch, instead just some chips and mozzarella sticks as we talked.

I grab my phone, looking at the time. It was almost six.

I sigh, rubbing my hand down my face. "Why'd we drink so much?" I ask with a slight laugh.

He shrugs, still looking down at his glass.

I watched as he picked it up and brought it to his lips, forcing the rest of the drink down his throat before sitting it back down on the table.

"I think we were both nervous to do this, so drinking just-" he takes in a deep breath. "Made it easier I guess." He gives me a half smile.

"Yeah, maybe." I knew it was a fact although I couldn't quite think about it.

I wasn't over the top drunk, but I was drunk nonetheless.

"I'm not going to be able to drive my self home." I shook my head at my stupid mistake.

I'd either have to get an Uber or call my husband to come get me.

I knew I needed my car so I probably would have to call Adam.

"It's uh- late. I should order my ride." He says, grabbing out his phone.

"Same, be right back." I stand up, grabbing my phone and going towards the bathrooms, standing outside of them as I dialed Adams number.

It rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, baby." I tried my hardest to not sound drunk, trying to actually make myself sound normal. But I knew I probably didn't sound normal the second I called him "babe" and "baby"

"Are you okay?" He asks, laughing.

"I need a favor." I murmur.

"What is it?"

"Well I met up with Zack for lunch and I'm just the tiniest bit drunk. Can you get an Uber here and drive us home?" I ask, biting my lip nervously.

I knew he wouldn't be the happiest about this. Especially considering who I got drunk with.

I can hear some shuffling on the other end.

He sighed, probably not wanting to deal with this today.

"Text me where you are." With that he hung up without a goodbye.

"Rude." I murmur before texting him where I was.

I went back to the booth, sitting across from Zack once again.

"Did you get yourself an Uber?" I ask. "Yup." He gives me a small smile.

"How bout you?" He asks.

"Husband is on his way." I wasn't too excited about that, but in the end it was probably completely my fault. Actually without a doubt, it is.

"You sound excited." He says, chuckling.

I glare at him. "I don't think he'll be too thrilled to find out I got drunk with my ex-fiancé." I point out.

"Can't say I'd be okay with it either." He points out. "But thanks for coming. I feel as if we did need to just have one moment in time where we do find out that we're both doing okay in life. After the way things ended, I felt like I was left on a cliffhanger, not sure what was going to happen next with me or with you."

I nod, looking down at nothing in particular.

"I've been meaning to say sorry about the way I ended things Zack. It wasn't ideal but I know if I hadn't done it in that moment in time, I probably wouldn't have."

"I'm glad you did. I wouldn't have admitted it to myself at the time but I knew there was a fine line between happiness and faking happiness. We weren't happy. And I know I wouldn't have had the guts to admit it to myself than let alone end what we had."

He bites his lip, looking at me. "So thank you, for that."

"Not sure if I should say your welcome or not." I murmur making him laugh.

"Here's the check you guys, is there anything else I can get you?" The waitress asks, sitting the check on the table.

"No." I smile politely at her.

I look over at Zack who was grabbing out his wallet.

"Oh I can get this." I say, grabbing my purse.

"No it's fine." He shakes his head, opening his wallet to grab his card.

"Zack no! I mean it, I got this." I fumble through my purse, looking for my stupid wallet. With my luck the purse goes tipping over out of my hands, all over the floor.

I get off my seat, bending down on the floor to gather all the shit that had fell out of my purse.

"Actually why don't I get this for you guys." I cringe, looking up at a kinda noticeable, angry Adam.

~~

"Are we gonna talk?" I ask Adam, staring at him. He gripped on to the steering wheel, looking like what one would describe as "pissed as hell"

"Excuse me for not wanting to fight with you right now. Your tipsy and I'm not in the mood." He says, clenching his jaw.

"I'm not that drunk anymore." I roll my eyes, looking out the window as we drove through the familiar city.

"We don't actually have anything to fight about. You told me what you were doing before I left for work. Although you didn't tell me who with, you're an adult and I don't need to keep tabs on everything you do." He says.

"I should've told you that I'd be meeting up with him. I don't really know why I didn't. I guess I just didn't think it mattered."

"Whatever Allison. You don't tell me much anyways, why should I expect for you to tell me something as small as this?" He glances at me, before looking back at the road.

"I don't see how our marriage will get better from here." He breaths out.

I look away from him, trying my hardest to keep in the tears that threatened to spill.

"Whatever Adam. It doesn't seem worth it anymore."