Ugh!!

"Morning!" Adam bursts into my apartment with a bag of bagels from the cafe down town. They had the best cinnamon raisin bagels ever and they were made fresh everyday. I felt my stomach growl just smelling them as he walked into the door.

"Morning.." I trail off, finding it weird that he just shows up out of the blue like this. Don't get me wrong he usually does.. But not at 8 in the morning wearing shorts and a tank top with a hat on. He usually would also call before he did

"You seem happy?" I look at him weirdly.

"What? I'm always happy." He shrugs, walking into the kitchen where he found a glass plate in one of my cabinets.

I watched as he carefully placed a steaming bagel on a plate for me. He grabbed out the whipped cream cheese and bread it on each side of my bagel before handing it to me.

"So how was the sex?" He asks as I took a seat on a barstool.

"Sex?" I look at him confused. I felt suddenly a bit uncomfortable. Sex wasn't a topic Adam and I discussed with each other.

"You and Zack didn't hook up?" He asks. He seemed surprised which made me wonder what he really though about me. I frown.

"No.. We just kissed." He looks at me weirdly but then gave a big smile before handing me my bagel.

"Okay than." He shrugs.

"What?" To say the least I was a bit confused by this sudden conversation. Not to mention the fact that Adam was here bright and early on a Sunday.

"Just making sure you didn't hook up with him, it would be a little too fast, don't you think?" I narrow my eye brows.

"So that was a test to see if I had sex with him?" He doesn't answer but instead continued to spread cream cheese on his bagel.

"Even if I did, I don't think it would be any of your business." I point out. My voice came out with a harsh tone, harsher then intended but perhaps I was a bit angry.

"I'm just looking out for you." He says.

"Oh yes of course because I'm like a sister to you." That would stick with me forever. The fact that the guy I was in love with thought of me as his sister. It made me want to scream!

Thought admittedly a bit of annoyance was in my tone. I was hoping he wouldn't catch on to that.

"Not only that but my best friend." He corrects me with a smile and wink. I felt my heart literally melt and leap in my chest all at once.

Why did Adam have to have that affect on me?

"So I wanted to show you something." He says, digging his hand in his pocket. He slowly pulled out a velvet red box and places it in front of me. I stared at the box, frozen in place. My heart was no longer doing leaps, no longer fluttering because he had winked at me- no instead he has sunk to the very pit of my stomach. I felt the sudden urge to want to vomit up every bite of the bagel I had just take along with the coffee I had made me like 30 minutes ago.

He opened the lid so slowly that it made it seem like slow motion... Or it was just me feeling anxious and just waiting for my heart to break when I saw the diamond ring that sat in it.

After he opened it, I was forced to look at the ring. It was gorgeous, big and beautiful and of course, my heart shattered. I felt my eyes gloss over. My mind couldn't think fast enough but somehow I just knew exactly what this all meant.

"You're going to propose?" I ask. My voice was barley above a whisper. It even cracked.

"Yeah... What do you think?" He asks, smiling nervously.

"About the ring or the fact that your proposing?" I ask, darting my eyes from the ring to him.

"Both."

I bit my lip for a second.

I had to force it. Even though inside I felt like someone had ripped me apart, it wasn't fair to him for me to sit here and just not answer or give him anything to work with.

"The ring is pretty." I mutter.

"But are you sure your ready for that? Is Nicole even the right girl?" I was afraid to ask. Not only because I was afraid he'd say yes, but because Adam had a tendency to get mad at you whenever you had a opinion about something he was doing.

"Well yeah, I love her and sh-" I tuned him out. I was overwhelmed with emotion. He would be marrying her. With out a doubt she would say yes to his proposal. I would have to see her all the time. I would always be in love with Adam and there was no doubt about that, but he was in love with another girl. He was ready to commit to her. Meaning id have to move on eventually... actually I'd have to move on like now.

"Okay than, go ahead and marry her.." I reach over and close the box, I'd rather not see the ring. My stomach couldn't physically take the pain of seeing it. I felt like I was going to puke. I already was counting the time until he left so I could burst out in tears.

"You really think I should marry her?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I think if you really love her it'd make sense to." I give him a reassuringly fake smile though apart of me wondered if it looked as fake as it felt.

"You're the best, thank you so much." He walks over to were I was sitting and embraces me into a hug. I'm not going to lie, I felt like crying in his arms.

"I should go- gotta finish my run and run off that bagel my god!" He gave a chuckle about to walk towards the front door.

"Oh and Uh- you'll be my best-man." He smiled cheekily and walked out the door.