Talking about "it"

The day went by fast, me and Adam didn't talk once about anything serious, about why I wasn't talking to him in the first place. We just laughed and sat in his car talking, laying down in the back of his car with the chairs down. We watched funny youtube videos on our phones and we talked about old times.

We didn't even acknowledge the time as it flew by. We couldn't seem to stop laughing and he had the guts to bring up the time when I was around 18, I was sitting at dinner with his family and I stood up to get my purse when I tripped, bringing the tablecloth with me and making most of the food on the table fall on everyone. One of the most embarrassing time in my whole life.

"You didn't have to bring that up." I mutter as he chuckled. "You had mashed potatoes all over your head!" He laughs. "I felt so sorry for you and my mom, you guys literally took all day making that dinner." he points out. "And the chocolate cake I made flew in your face and it was all over you!" I laugh. "We literally got in the shower with our clothes on and rinsed ourselves off." He shakes his head. "You had all your makeup pouring down your face." He mutters.

"After that I hardly wear makeup around you, we were always doing shit that made my mascara bleed." I whisper. "Like what?" He asks. "One day I was walking through your house and you threw a bucket of water on me from the balcony, and one time you and your friends pulled a prank on me by putting Gatorade in your water guns and shooting them at me! Oh and that one time you pushed me in your pool with my new dress on!" I shake my head. "You're literally the reason I dress like a guy." I point out.

"Ya but you don't look like a guy." He whispers. "And I pulled most of those pranks on you because I was just trying to see your boobs under your shirt." He shrugs as my eyes go wide. I reach over slapping his arm. "You so did not!" I spat. He laughs. "I'm not a pig, I wouldn't do that." He reassures me. I bite my lip, starring at him.

"So we got drunk and slept together.." He started. "Where does that leave us now?" He asks. I was surprised he even brought it up. We ignored it most of the day up until we sat in the back seats in his car with a big blanket wrapped around us, starring out side of the window at the sky. We sat in front of the coffee shop still, which it had already closed.

We stayed in silent for a second well I thought. I honestly didn't know where this left us. Having sex with each other was completely complicated. We were both to blame for it though. Adam wasn't the only person, although I can't quite remember fully all of it, I still know that I did it. "I don't know." I whisper. "Obviously things haven't changed that much, we went a whole day without feeling.. different about each other." He whispers.

He had a point. But I couldn't quite understand what he met by "different". Did he mean different in like having feelings for each other, or different like there was no awkwardness? Ugh. "But we still slept with each other and I almost got-" I couldn't quite say the word. It almost felt stuck in my throat. Saying it around Adam didn't sound ideal. The thought that me and Adam could've been parents with each other felt so scary. I somewhat wished I didn't bring it up.

"I know." He nods, already knowing what I was going to say. Maybe he didn't want to say it either? I could understand that. "It's super weird." He says. "I still don't understand what made us do that." I do.. "Maybe put it behind us and completely forget about it?" I ask. He nods. "We should never talk about it again.. I told Zack that I slept with someone and it could've completely ruin our relationship... If he knew it was you that I slept with it would ruin our relationship." I whisper.

"So let's just never bring it up or talk about it?" He asks. I nod. "If we did both of our relationships would be over and I'm sure we don't want that ." He nods agreeing. "Well that's it, we'll never talk about it again, and everything goes back to normal." He says. I nod, unsure of how I felt about it..