Valentines day part 1

Ahh Valentine's Day. The day where loved ones get together and buy each other boxes of chocolate and other small gifts. Most people get proposed to on Valentine's Day. But all in all, it's like a couples day...

I would have normally hated this day, only because for the last three years Adam has been with someone each Valentine's Day and I was not. I hate to admit that I was kinda excited for this day... Up until the day actually started!

Zack knocked on my door, he greeted me with some flowers and a box with a beautiful bracelet in it. I had bought him so hand cuffs (as he likes a lot!) and than a box of chocolates. The first few minutes were already exciting until Zack broke the news that he couldn't spend the rest of the day with me. He had a interview in Manhattan and well he had to go and there was no way out of it. So that was just a great way to start Valentine's Day...
(Note the damn sarcasm!)

After he left I put the flowers in a vase and sat on the couch watching reruns of Friends... Up until I got super bored of that and watched reruns of The Office (aka my favorite show ever!)

Now around 5 I was still watching The Office until my phone started ringing. I was surprised to see that it was Adam. It was Valentine's Day and he should be spending it with his fiancé, than I remembered that she was working or some thing today.

But I also was surprised because Adam hadn't really talked to me alone since we were on the roof the other night.. Which was like 2 weeks ago. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey! How's your day going?" He asks as I sit on the couch. "Well Zack had to go to Manhattan for a interview so I'm alone." I mutter.

"Oh... Do you want to hang? Maybe go to the bar?" I bite my lip. I was a hundred percent sure that this might be awkward.. but I was home alone with nothing to do and maybe this might break the tension between me and him? "Sure, pick me up in a hour?" I ask. "Yup." With that I hang up and rush to get ready.

~~

Adam had arrived a little early and he ended up having to wait for me for about 30 minutes more. What? I'm a girl I need time to do my hair and makeup! "That lipstick is really ugly." Adam said as I walk in. I gasp. "What?! Are you kidding? I spend so much money on this lipstick!" I spat at him.

It was like 50 dollars and with my pay check, that's a lot! I am not rich like Adam. "Well it doesn't match with your outfit." I look down at my outfit. I was wearing a black flannel with a white v neck shirt underneath, I had my favorites dark skinny jeans and my black toms on

The lipstick was red so maybe it was just too much for the outfit? "Fine I'll wipe it off." I mutter walking back into my bathroom.

"Here." Adam puts something on top of my head. I look in the mirror at my black fedora on my head. It didn't look bad with the outfit. I smile at Adam in the mirror and he winks before walking out of the bathroom..

And Katie wonders why I'm so in love with him! Ugh!

"The driver is waiting outside, are you ready?" Adam asks. I take one more glance at myself in the mirror. The red lipstick had stained my lips a dark pink color and it actually looked pretty good. "Yup."

I follow Adam out the door and down the elevator and into the car.

Adam had his own "personal driver" so I never really had to waste gas on my car when I was with him. It was a plus to having a rich best friend that you're secretly extremely in love with...........