Dinner

My heart raced in my chest and I couldn't look away from the family. "Allison how does my hair look? Does it look bad?" Katie asks, interrupting me. I was forced to take my attention off Adam and his wife and well.. baby? I look over at Katie, not even bothering to really examine her hair. "It looks great." I say bluntly, not even feeling like it was my own voice talking.

"I'm gonna go inside, I need the ladies room." I nudge my thumb back before running as quickly as I can, well as quick as I can with heels on, into the restaurant and into the bathroom.

I held my hand to my chest, breathing heavily in and out. I searched through my purse, grabbing my phone out. I clicked on Zacks contact and called him. Within about 4 rings, he answered. "Hey babe." He says. His voice made my heart stop pounding so much, I took a seat on one of the soft chairs in the ladies bathroom, sighing.

"Hey. I just wanted to check in." I say, biting my lip nervously. "Good. How's everything going." If I was being honest I'd say extremely bad, but I couldn't. "It's going good. I just miss you a lot." I mutter, suddenly chewing on my finger nails. It was a nervous habit. "I miss you too, but I really got to go baby, I'm sorry. My assistant called in and said there was an emergency with something. I couldn't quite get all the details." He mutters.

"But call me before you go to bed, I should be back at the apartment before than." He adds. "Okay than.."

"Okay bye love you." "Love you too.." I mutter after the other line hung up. So much for finding comfort in my fiancé. I sigh, putting my phone in my purse and standing up. I look myself in the mirror, fixing my hair and applying some pink Chapstick on before walking out of the bathroom. I breathed in and out before walking into the main part of the restaurant. I spotted the whole group already seated in the back.

The restaurant was filled with calm talking and the sound of some kind of piano playing in the background. I run my hand through my hair and adjust my dress one more time before I started walking towards the table. As soon as I reached the table I was greeted by Katie who told me to sit by her, right across from Adam.

It made me slightly frown but I quickly replaced it with a fake smile. I sat down, sitting my bag on the ground next to me. I look up, immediately meeting eyes with Adam who seemed more than just shocked to see me. I'm guessing Katie's husband didn't bother on telling him id be here. Maybe because he didn't know me and Adams situation.. but still.

I gulp down the lump in my throat, trying my hardest to keep the fake smile on my face. "Allison.. Hi." Adam says, his voice sounding surprised. "Hey.. Hi." I bite my lip.

"Wow it's been a long time Allison, it's so great to see you!" Nicole suddenly says, smiling at me. I was disgusted by her suddenly, and not only because I hate her still, but because she just disgusted me for some reason. She had green contacts on, covering her usual brown eyes, her red lipstick not only stained her lips but her 2 front teeth, and her contouring was obviously not blended in enough..

Or maybe that was just me trying to find the flaws in her. "Ya it has." I agree. "So what's new?" I ask both Adam and Nicole. "Well umm.. I suppose Adam told you about Boston, my baby." She says, reaching into the car seat next to her and pulling out a tiny little baby. "Wow.. ya Adam did tell me." I lie, assuming that Adam hadn't told her that we lost contact along time ago.

I look over at Adam, wondering what he was thinking. He gave me a smile, one that said "thank you for lying for me"

"So what's new for you in Manhattan?" Adam asks. "Tell them the good news Allison." Katie says, nudging my shoulder. I nervously laugh at her, looking down at my lap were my hand sat. The ring yet again sparkled in the dim lighting. "Well.. yeah me and Zack are getting married." I slowly show them my hand.

Nicole's eyes go wide. She hands her baby to Adam, taking my hand gently in hers. "Oh my god! That's so huge!" She spat. "Imagine how much money Zack spent on that." Katie muttered, starring at the ring as well. "Wow, I'm just so happy for you Allison!" Nicole says, giving me a smile, one that was actually not fake.

"Yeah it's exciting.. Finally settling down. Took me long enough to find the right guy." Once again me and Adam locked eyes. "You're only 25, you're still young." Nicole points out. "Well me and Adam will have to fly in for the wedding." She says. "Yeah, totally." I nod, putting both my hands on my lap.