Moving

I stood in silence, looking around the empty living room. I remembered the first day I moved into this place..

~~

"Fuck you Adam! You knew that he cheated on me!" I spat at him, pissed. "I told you I'm sorry! For god sakes Allison I was the one who gave him that freaking black eye! Why are you so mad at me?!" He asks, yelling back at me. "I'm mad at you because you're my best friend! I'd expect you to tell me as soon as you found out!!" I run my hand through my hair and sitting on my couch that sat in the middle of the dining room still. We still hadn't moved it to the living room. " He's a jerk Allison, why are you so upset about this? You dodged a bullet if anything." He shrugs, taking a seat next to me. "Because I was in love with him!" I began crying, feeling like a complete idiot. Why did I even have to start dating him? I should've known he was going to be a jerk in the beginning! "Oh god Bunny.. I'm so sorry." He takes me into a side hug. "If it makes you feel any better, I did end up punching him with a lot of force." He whispers. I giggle a little, looking up at him. "I love you Bunny." He says, giving me a silly smile. "Love you too Adam." We lean back on the couch, me leaning my head on his chest.

~~~

Back than I didn't know that I was falling for Adam, hard! And for the guy I was dating at that time.. well he was the last guy I dated during the span of that day and today.

"I can't believe you're moving today!" Katie says, walking in from my bedroom. "Ya well me either." I shrug. "So you guys already rented a apartment down there? And everything?" I nod, biting my lip. "So.. you'll probably end up marrying Zack?" She asks. "Ya I guess so, probably." She shakes her head. "You better visit as much as you can! I need my girl time!" She spat, making me laugh.

"Of course." I take into her a hug, squeezing my eyes as tight as I can to keep myself from crying. "Is Adam coming to say goodbye?" I ask in a whisper. "I talked to him this morning, he said he would." I nod, backing away from the hug. "Okay, everything is in the truck." Zack says, waking in, walking towards me and giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Is Adam coming?" He asks. "Ya I think so.." I nod. "You can take your time saying goodbye to everyone, I'm in no rush." He whispers. I nod, smiling at him. "Hey Adam.." Katie says. My eyes dart from Zack towards Adam at the door. "Hey." Adam waves. "Hey Zack, umm I think I saw a few more boxes in your apartment, I'll help you get them." Katie suddenly says. "Ya? Okay." Zack gives a me look before walking out with Katie.

"I haven't seen this place empty in forever." Adam says, walking into the apartment. "Yup, 4 years." I point out to him. "Wow, really? It's been that long?" He asks. I nod. "It seems just like yesterday, me helping you move in." He stares at me for a second before taking me into one of his warm hugs. "I love you Allison." He whispers into my ear. "I love you more.." I hug him tighter, laying my head on his chest. "I'm sorry I wasn't a better friend to you." He says making me laugh. "You are my best friend Adam, and every year I got to be around you and have you... Well those years I'll never forget." I close my eyes, not even fighting the tears from coming.

"Call me, and text me as much as you can." He says, before kissing my forehead. I slowly back away from our hug, smiling at him. He reaches over, wiping some tears off my cheek. "Okay, I think everything's ready." Katie says, walking in with Zack. I nod. Adam turns around, smiling. "You treat her well or else I'll hunt you down." Adam says, pointing his finger at Zack. He nods, both of them laughing a little.

~~
I started into the side mirror of the truck, watching Katie and Adam as we slowly drove away from the apartment complex. I bite my lip, looking over at Zack. "So how long to Manhattan?" I ask him, arching my eyebrow. "18-19 hours." He shrugs. "Sounds fun."