Special moment

Today hadn't been the best. The client I had been working with for months, my first actual client, had dropped me as her publisher. On top of that, I had been starring at my phone all day long, just wondering if by any miraculous miracle, Adam would text or call.

But he hadn't and it just left me sad and depressed by the end of my work day.

All I wanted to do was go back to the crappy hotel I had been staying at all week, and cry.

That's was basically my life now. Because my husband doesn't want me.

And just thinking about that thought alone just made me want to burst out in tears.

Why me? What had I done to deserve this? Because I honestly can't think of a freaking thing? It just isn't fair.

All I want is Adam back. All I want is to feel his arms wrapped around me, so that I can cry in them about the situation I'm in, as if that was possible.

And on top of everything, the thing that put the icing on the cake, was that I know there isn't a person in this world that can comfort me about this.

Well I take that back, there used to be one person, my mom.

But how exactly do you get comfort from someone that's been dead for a long time?

I missed her. I missed dad, even though he left me. I missed having a family. The only family I have is Adam, and he's basically out of my life now.

It'd probably be official soon.

I just can't think of what I'm going to do with myself when this is all over. And yeah it sounds pathetic of me to say, because Adams my world and when you lose something that important, is it really worth trying for anything else anymore?

My point is that I feel like I'm trapped and there's no freaking way out.

God mom, why'd you leave before you had the chance to be here at this time? A time where I needed you a lot.

I get distracted from my thoughts as my phone started ringing loudly.

I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath.

I look at the screen, it was Katie.

"Hello?" I ask with no tone in my voice, just blunt and depressing.

"Hey sugar cakes!!" I narrow my eyes.

"Katie are you high?" I ask, leaning my head back against my seats head rest.

I still sat outside of my office building, debating on whether to go stop by the house and get some more of my clothes since Adams probably at work.

But every part of me didn't want to go back to the house because then I see the probably untouched kitchen, in the same exact condition I had left it in because Adam didn't like cooking for himself.

And then I'd see my bed, and my untouched spot because Adam sleeps very still at night, and doesn't like to be sprawled across the bed.

"No I'm not high! You silly goose!" She says cheerfully.

"I wanted you to come over because my husband got this new wine that's all fancy and shit but like I'm gonna drink it without him, but I don't want to drink alone so come over!" She says cheerfully.

"If he bought the wine, he probably had every intention to drink it with you." I murmur. "He'll live! Just get over here!" She says before hanging up the phone before I can fight her on it any longer.

I shake my head before driving out of the parking lot of my office building, feeling defeated.

Now I'd much rather go to the house and get my stuff then go drink with Katie.