Negotiating

Hey guys! So this chapter it mainly going to be Adams POV (point of view) so tell me how you guys like it and if you like seeing his POV every once in awhile! Thanks and enjoy! Also ps, I did hurry and edit it in order to publish it when I wanted to, so if there are any mistakes, my bad. Don't forget to vote!!
~~

Adams pov~~

I sighed, holding my phone up to my ear. I tapped my finger on my desk nervously waiting for her to answer.

"Hello?"

"Can we meet up?" I ask. I can hear her sigh on the other line.

"Adam what do you want?" She asks.

I smile, rubbing my temple and looking down at my shoes. "I see my wife got to you before I can." I mutter amusingly.

"Why would you want to meet with me?" She asks. "I'll let you know once you meet up with me." I point out. I can hear her groan out on the other line.

"Text me where you want me to meet you at." She says. "Okay, and I'm on a timely bases right now so you'll have to hurry."

"Adam I'm doing you a favor, don't rush me." With that she hung up.

I shake my head. I have no clue how or why she's my friend.

Probably because of Allison. I hung out with Allison basically everyday and she was always with Katie.

Guess it just became some sort of friend group.

~~~

I waited for Katie in the exact same coffee shop I'd always meet Allison in.

We had met up here after she found out I was the one she slept with almost 2 years ago. She had pointed out that the waitress was flirting with me although still to this day I can't completely agree with her on that.

I missed Allison. I wasn't use to not seeing her everyday, sleeping next to her every night and waking up with her on my side of the bed and me basically on the ground. But with our complicated relationship, I felt if it was best I'd just give both of us time to figure our thoughts out.

I owed her that much, the least I can do.

I feel as if I've neglected my role as a husband. I treat her as if she's still my best friend, whom I'm use to using as a shoulder to cry on when I was going through shit. But she's not just my best friend anymore, she's my wife and I can't just do that anymore.

She wasn't some box I can store my problems in, letting her carry them around as if they were her own.

My point is, I've been a bastard.

"Hey you jerk." Katie slid in the booth across from me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay I don't recall doing anything to you for you to be calling me names." I point out. She shrugs.

"Dog." She coughed out. I glare at her.

"I can't say I don't deserve that shit but can you not?" I ask bluntly.

"Fine. Why did you call me here?" She asks. "Well-" i was about to start but she held her hand up.

"No, no. It's lunch time and you'll be treating me so I'm ordering food and you're paying and when I'm done you can talk." She smirked at me before calling for the waiter.

I mentally cursed myself for not calling anyone else, like her husband!

Her husband isn't all that bad, although I may say he's very boring in my opinion.