Dress shopping

"Wow, that's a beautiful dress," I say looking at Nicole as she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was strapless and lacey. It was really something. I took a sip of my champagne, trying not to think about the fact that she was marrying Adam. I tried distracting myself a lot but I knew it was always going to be hard.

"So are you bringing Zack to the wedding?" She asks. "Hmm? Yeah probably." I nod. "I'm happy that you have someone, I mean it must be hard watching Adam get married." She says, straightening out the dress. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I mean he's getting married and you and he probably won't be so... close?" She smiles at me. "I just don't think he'd want you feeling like a third wheel." She pats my shoulder. "Your like Adam's little sister." She smirks.

I felt like flipping out on her. If I was someone who spoke there mind, I'd probably say; "I didn't know brothers and sisters slept with each other." But that would clearly be the wrong thing to say, so I just smiled and nod. "So do you think you'll marry Zack someday?" She asks as I almost choke on my champagne. "What? No! I mean maybe... but our relationship isn't even halfway there yet, we barely started going out.

She smiles. "Well I hope it works out, I can see you guys being together forever." She looks back in the mirror. "I'm going to miss my body." She mutters. "What do you mean?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. "Well me and Adam want kids as soon as possible. We already have names. If I have a girl her name will be Juliet and if it's a boy his name will be Evan." She says.

"I didn't know Adam wanted kids so soon." I whisper. "We want a family. I'm so excited." She sighs. "So did you get your wedding invitation yet?"

I shake my head. "Ugh, I told Adam to give it to you. He clearly forgot." She looks at me. "The wedding is next month. We thought it would at least be in 3 months but we are getting everything done so fast that by next month I and Adam will be married.." She grinned. I gave her a fake smile back. "I'm sure your wedding will look beautiful." I tried giving a compliment so that she wouldn't actually see how much it hurt to talk about it. I know it's pathetic! Please don't remind me.

"Thanks." She steps down from the little stool in front of the Mirror. "Well, I'll go get changed, then we can leave." She smiled and walked away.

~

"Oh god, Katie I hated it! She kept talking about the wedding and how she'd be married to him by next month!" I vented to Katie. She had come over for a girls night. We sat on my couch drinking glasses of tea with biscotti.

"Don't these go with coffee?" She asks, awkwardly holding one of the biscotti in her hand. "I don't know I just bought them." I shrug. "As I was saying.. I don't think I can be her bridesmaid or even go to their wedding," I mutter.

"How are you going to tell Adam that?" She asks. "Text him it?" She gives me a look that read; "you cannot be serious"

"You can't blame me! I had sex with Adam for crying out loud! And I'm acting all fake around Nicole who's literally telling me the names of their kids!" I spat, sighing. I felt like screaming and just digging a hole so that I can live in it for the rest of my life. "Well, it's not like you haven't acted fake around Nicole before. I mean you hate her." She points out.

"I just don't think it's right for me to be in their wedding! And not only that but I told Zack I slept with someone, he didn't even bother on telling Nicole he slept with me!" I spat. "You told Zack you slept with someone, not Adam.. and if Adam told Nicole he slept with you or anyone else their marriage would be over." She shrugs before taking a sip of her tea.

"That's not my problem. It's his fault that their marriage would be over." I mutter.