twenty eight ;;

Night consumes the street, her hands shake as she drives. Those tears still wet on her face, the blood dry on her skin. Soaked into her pores, choked sobs, still coming from her mouth.

Swerving, she makes her way to the front of her house. Feeling dizzy, she walks up the porch. No help to her heels, making her ankles buckle.

"God, fucks sake." August curses, nearly tweleve in the morning the police report did take a long time.

Sighing deeply, she enters her home. Quiet, and dark, Harry who is probably, worried and angry.

"Hey, Zayn." August sighs

"Hey, how are you?" Zayn croaks, waking up from his slumber.

"I'm fine." August says sadly

Zayn, who stands up switching on the light. Frowns at her face.

"Fuck, what happened?" Zayn groans

"Nothing, I'm fine. I'll pay you—"

"No, no, come here. Do you have a first aids kit? Stuff like that?" Zayn asks

"Yes, in my bathroom— where's Harry?" August coughs

"In your room, sleeping. Come on." Zayn leads her to the bathroom.

"What happened? Why didn't they give you medical care?" Zayn scoffs, rummaging through her drawers.

"I didn't want it." August sniffles, "I just, I wanted to leave."

Zayn quickly grabs the scrunchie that sits upon the sink. Pulling up August's long hair, parting her hair as she sits on the toilet lid soundly.

"I'm sorry, you were here so late—"

"It's fine babe, I'm here for you, I've known you for a while, I was glad I could help." Zayn smiles

"Thank you." August shivers

"Shit, nevermind that." Zayn scoffs, gently taking off the hair band.

"Here, baby lay, like this on the tub. We need to wash that cut." Zayn grunts

August winces at the water, groaning as her cut stings. A purple bruise blooming on her creamy skin.

Zayn, tries to clean the cut best he can. Putting peroxide on the cut repeatedly, watching it fuzz as it cleanses the scratches.

August lets out moans, of pure pain.

"Come on, up." Zayn says, gripping a towel and wrapping up her hair.

"Ah, shit its bleeding." Zayn groans

"It burns." August winces

"Fuck, I think you should go to the hospital.

"No, I'm fine. He didn't hit me that hard." August sighs, blinking widely

"Who hit you?" Zayn asks

"My father was there, he took care of it. I'm okay."  August nkds gently

"You're not, August." Zayn groans

"I am, Zayn." August huffs

"Fine, look I'll try to bandage it up, but you need to hold up your hair— I'll just tie it back." Zayn breathes

August sits, as Zayn properly cleans the cut just like he was taught in his classes. Rolling the long strips of bandage around her head.

"Okay, okay, it's all done. Let's get you some water." Zayn says, walking quickly away from her to the kitchen to fetch her a water bottle.

Quickly, he hands her the water. She snaps open the water, gulping down the liquid.

"No, slowly." Zayn warns

August nods, drinking the water, Zayn sighs looking at August worriedly.

"Harry! Breakfast!" August yells

August adjusts her bandage, sliding the eggs on the plate. August, frowns, Harry should be up.

"Harry?" August frowns, walking into the room she spots a snoring Harry.

"Hm?" He coughs, his face red and the marks of the pillow imprinted in his face.

"Get up, I made breakfast." August says warily

"What— your head." Harry says groggily, wiping his eyes.

"What happened?" Harry shoots up, groaning at the pain in his waist.

"I just— I'm sorry I got home late." August sighs, kissing his cheek.

"What happened, August?" Harry asks firmly

"Carlos got really mad, and he hit me and I fell. That's all, my father had him arrested, and were looking at filing a lawsuit." August nods

"Are, are you okay?" Harry asks

"Yes, Zayn helped me last night. Just a slight bruise and scratch. Don't worry, come on let's get you all cleaned up so we can eat." August smiles

Harry nods, letting August sit him in his wheelchair, that sat lonely by the bed.

August grips his body, pressing a sweet kiss to his neck.

Handing him his toothbrush, she squirts paste on it. Watching him brush his teeth, she dozes off smiling at his body. His shirt wrinkled and pushed up at the sides.

"Mm, let's wash your face." August smooches his cheek.

August helps him wash his face, helping him down the stairs, she sits him at the table.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Harry reaches for her hand.

"I'm fine baby." August pouts

"I love you, fuck, he's horrible." Harry scoffs

"I know, but I'm okay, and you're slightly okay and it's gonna be fine." August smiles

whoooooooooooo