fifty three ::

The soft chatter of passengers fills August's ears. Her breaths slow and her eyes very sore and dry from crying repeatedly. Luckily she set an alarm for work, everyone fell asleep stored up in their rooms, not daring to come out. Although Harry did try to talk to her.

"Hello, can I have a ticket for Train 3?" A man asks

Sighing, she rips the ticket off, stamping it and slipping it under the glass, grabbing the seven dollars she sticks it in the compartment.

"Thank you," He nods, before leaving.

"Hey, I thought'd we meet at the smoothie place?" Aaron frowns, walking towards the glass with two smoothies in his hand.

"Oh, hey," August says groggily, pushing back her bangs.

"What's wrong?" He asks

"Nothing," She shrugs, smiling widely, "thank you, sorry, I kinda forgot."

"Nope, it's fine." Aaron smiles

"I got you something." August smiles, slipping a silver small ashtray.

"Thanks." He nods

"Hey, sexy. How are you? Aaron fucking ditched me at the smoothie place." Alicen scoffs, grabbing Aaron's butt.

"You kept yelling, you were embarrassing me." Aaron whispers

"She gave me a coconut smoothie, after I simply told her five times. I wanted a strawberry smoothie." Alicen scoffs

"Well then, thank you for the smoothie." August sticks the key in the jagged hole, lifting up the glass.

"You're welcome." Aaron smiles

"So, how are you. Haven't seen you in a while?" Alicen smiles

"Oh, I'm good. Just, fine." August nods, sipping her smoothie.

"Mm, that's good." Alicen winks

"You're a sleaze Ali." August giggles

Alicen laughs softly, "I have to go, baby. Nice seeing you."

Aaron watches her walk away, "She's got a nice ass." He mutters

"Oh my god, you perv!" August laughs softly

"Sorry." Aaron shrugs

"She'll never fuck you, you now?" August laughs

"I know, she's like my cousin August. Relax." Aaron scoffs, "I have to go, bye." He blows her a kiss before leaving quickly.

Her shift ends, the station quiet, only the soft sound of humming, along with soft footsteps of passengers that come early and sit to wait for the first train. Quietly, she closes the door, the smell of eggs and bacon fills her nose. Having coming back at home at six in the morning.

"Hey mom." Nathan says, padding down the stairs, his bookbag sliding against the floor.

"Hey baby, goodmorning." She kisses his cheek, setting her purse down on the couch.

"Hello, mummy. Where'd you go, when me was sleeping you went gone." Andrew pouts

"I had to work baby, and it's you were gone, not went gone." August kisses Andrew's cheek, walking upstairs changing into some more comfortable clothes.

A big grey shirt, along with some small adidas shorts. Padding down the stairs barefoot. Tying her hair up in a ponytail.

She walks past Harry who sips his coffee, his arms slightly folded.

"Goodmorning." He says

"Morning." She says softly

"How was work?" He asks, walking closer to her.