sixty eight ::

- so, i showed you who natalie was now i'll show you nathan really is -

song: DKLA BY TROYE SIVAN

Slowly, softly the wind blows against his skin as he smokes a cigarette. The creamy smoke filling his cheeks, he blows it out. The water sloshing in front of him, shoes firmly placed on the wet rocks. The blonde girl taps his shoulder, looking back his eyes land on the colorful tabs of acid.

"I'm not looking to get too fucked up tonight." Nathan laughs, wiping away the blood pouring from the side of his nose.

"Well, I had Hunter pay for them. So, they need to be used soon." Venice sighs, sitting next to Nathan hugging his arm tightly. "I have blades if you want them."

"How many times do I have to tell you? I don't fucking cut, I'm not some weird tumblr douche. So stop offering me them."

"I'm sorry, I just don't like seeing Winter hit you." Venice smiles faintly, kissing Nathan's lips.

"Stop doing that." Nathan scoffs, shrugging off Venice's arm, his lips twisted in annoyance.

"Don't be mean, I've missed you." Venice whispers, pressing her lips against his warm neck.

"I didn't miss you." Nathan chuckles

"I said, don't be mean."Venice scoffs, biting down on Nathan's flesh.

"I'm not being mean, I'm telling the truth." Nathan coughs, puffing on his cigarette.

"Then lie to me," Venice sighs, looking up at the moon, "lie to me, like you always do."

"I love you," Nathan laughs, amused at her pathetic behavior.

She sniffles lightly, her eyes becoming watery. They sting with tears, that she tries to hold back.

"Don't cry, I thought you were like me." Nathan laughs, "don't you love the pain?" he chuckles

"Not when you're the one hurting me." Venice says hoarsely

Nathan only laughs loudly, snatching the bag of tabs from her hand and leaving her alone on the rocks. His walk home is quiet, and the sun is lightly rising. The large houses, are dim and soft. The neighborhood sleeping, suburbia. .

Sneaking through the front door, quietly he walks up the stairs plopping down on his bed. Quietly he showers, changing his clothing.

Applying makeup to cover up the bruises that he's gotten so used to. That he loves. He lays on his bed, placing the tab of acid on his tongue. As time goes by, the illusions fade and the figures flowering over his eyes vanish and it wears off. 

"Nathan," His father calls, knocking on his door. get ready, we're are going out." 

"Where?" Nathan asks, sitting up a bit hazy his eyes droopy but Harry assumes it's from his lack of sleep.

"Wherever, we could go shopping or out to eat. Natalie, is coming too and River. Your mother and Andrew are visiting her old friend from her previous job." Harry explains

Nathan only nods, sitting up to pull his Nike's on. Walking down the stairs to find Natalie gloomily sitting on the counter. Plainly staring at their pet bunnies hopping around with each other. Nathan walks past her, poking her face but she doesn't react.

"Wake the fuck up." Nathan laughs

A smile covers her face, "Shut the fuck up." She laughs, clinging on his shoulders at he looks through the fridge. 

"You see Venice again?" Natalie asks

"She gave me acid, if you want it. It under the rug, in my room." Nathan sighs, as she removes herself from him.