the adoption ::

BLUE: ZAYN

nathan and natalie's adoption

Day One.

Harry's Point Of View

"Darling, are you ready?" His voice carries through the silent home.

"I'm coming, just hold on a minute." He know she's taking pills, she always does when she gets nervous. This is, somewhat a stressful day.

He watches her, which is really all he's done since the birth of their child. He's so unhealthy, which is devastating but at least he's alive. It's been almost four months and they've made this decision. To not reject their application acceptance.

In and out of the hospital, he's very sure the nurses know their names— their faces at least. Since they've seen them more than any other— he assumes.

Her eyes meet his, a chocolate brown... but when you look at them, they look almost grey. Tired eyes, although she tries to regain herself, he can see her slipping. Drowning in her own depression, and sorrow. The way it just oozes out of her, with every step she takes.

"Ready?" He smiles faintly

"I'm ready," It's about time they fill this empty house.

As she nears closer, a soft sigh escapes from his mouth. Lips gently crash into hers, wanting her to feel just a bit— at least comforted.

"I'll get the keys," Harry whispers,
and that's what he does before they step out the large home.

Into her car, where they take off to the city. He's excited, actually he's nervous. Harry has been feeling alot of emotions lately, that he can't quite process. But one emotion that he hasn't felt, is regret and he doesn't think she knows that.

He hopes she knows it.

"You look gorgeous today, like any other day." He grins, rubbing her thigh she reacts. Finally, improvement at least.

"Why thank you, aren't you a charmer?" She smiles faintly, he can tell that the smile is forced, but he still thinks it's improvement.

"Don't be nervous, darling. It'll be smooth, they know we're coming. You need to be very welcoming, please. I know how you're feeling today but we can't give the children, the wrong impression." He sighs, his eyes flicking towards her and the road.

"I understand," She nods

"Did you take your pills today?" He know she didn't, silly of him to even ask. Xanax, has just been in her system, coursing through her veins.

"Yes—"

"I know, you're lying." He purses his lips, pulling out a small packet of the pills she's assigned to take.

"Take them, August." She ignores him, he knew she would.

"Take them." Harry repeats

"I don't need them." She says sternly

"You need them today." He sighs, pushing his hand towards her where the packet lays.

"Fine," She grumbles, swiping the pills angrily from his hand. Emptying the bag in her mouth,  where she gulps it down with the water he left yesterday.

"We're near." He says, possibly after twenty minutes of solid, silence.

"Okay," She simply says

"You think, we should go out to eat after?" He asks

"I think so," She nods, "I'm quite hungry."

"I love you, August." He says softly, as we come to a stop. The gears shifting as he pulls the knob back.