Hard

*Y/N POV*

    Shawn broke up with me a couple weeks ago. It was heartbreaking to have the light of my life dump me.

I see him and another girl around school and at home too. You can never seem to forget about what we had.

I don't know, we were so happy, nothing was wrong until the last few weeks. He was being so distant and weird.

Today is the day I stop moping around, I go into my closet and and grab all of Shawn's things and hoodies and put it in a box to give to him later.

  I change and put on makeup on a Saturday, can you believe. Going downstairs with the heavy box in my hands, I open the front door and make my way to Shawn's house. As I get there I debate on ringing the door bell and leaving or actually man up and face him.

  I go for the latter and ring the door bell while looking at my shoes. this isn't gonna end well.

I wait for a minute before the replacement opens the door and smirks at me. I look at her and she's wearing nothing but her undergarments.

  " So what are you doing at my boyfriend's house (Y/N)?" she asks emphasizing my.

" Uh I need to give this box to Shawn . All his stuff is here." I reply feeling really awkward.

  " Hey babe who is-" Shawn says as he's coming up to the door behind the girl whom I don't know the name of.

  He looks at me with a confused expression and begins to speak again.

"Uh hey, what are you doing here?" he questions.

"Sara go upstairs, I'll be up in just a sec." he says. "Don't be too long babe." She purs. So that's her name. My cheeks turn red form all the embarrassment but then I remember why I'm here and straighten myself out and put on a hard face.

"I came to give you all your stuff back." I bluntly answer pushing the box to him. As he takes it, our hands brush together and I still feel the sparks.

I back away from the door, turn my heel and begin to walk down the porch steps.

"Wait (Y/N), don't you want your stuff back?" he hastily calls coming out of the door to the porch only in his boxers.

Without looking, I reply "No I'm good." And begin my way to across the street.

"Are you sure?" he pushes and I just nod.

-------

Next Friday was a party I was going to attend. My friends want me to stop being so depressing so that I could go catch myself another fish. Fish meaning boyfriend.

I dress up in a dress, curl my hair do my makeup and all the pre party stuff while thinking if Shawn is going to be there. Of course he is, he's at all parties.

I was never a party type, but I guess it's time to let loose a little.

My friends pick me up and we head to the house.

As we roll up, of course the house is huge. I get out of the car and walk to the door. Typical party; drunk people making out, littered solo cups. The door swings open and we walk in instantly getting a whiff of weed. My friends part from me as I head to the kitchen to make myself something. I get a solo cup and begin mixing vodka and orange juice together, honestly I have no idea what I'm doing.

"You need some help with that?" a voice yells over the booming music.

I turn around and see Matthew Espinosa. He's linebacker of the football team. He's cute and nice. I actually might get over Shawn. I nod and give him the vodka bottle that I couldn't open. He pops the cap off and pours the drink for me. I thank him and take a sip.

"(Y/N) right?" he asks sticking his hands in his front pocket.

"Yea, Matthew right?" I mimick. He chuckles and nods.

"So do you wanna dance?" I look at the dance floor and nod. Once never danced before but it's not like he's going to judge me. I smile and nod letting him take my hands.

We get to the dance floor and the music changes to another song. Bryson Tiller comes on and I begin swaying my hips with my hands above my head. Matthew puts both his hands on my waist and begins to move to my rhythm. I look over at the corner and see Shawn looking at me. I avert my eyes and begin focusing on Matthew.
After the song is over me and Matthew break apart and go back to the kitchen.
I sit on the counter waiting for him to make us drinks.
"That was really fun." I say to him. Matthew looks at me with a smile. Shawn comes into view holding Sara's waist. My blood starts to boil.

-------------
oh shit
comment, vote, share ! -b