Chapter 11

It had been a moon or so since Sunrise had come to her new home. She had been treated and fed well, and she was beginning to like her home. If only her sisters weren't with her. They had to be the most annoying sisters she could've ever asked for.

            Sunrise opened her eyes, finding light shining through her owner's window. She slept in the boy's room after becoming too scared to sleep in the laundry room. She found his room more comforting, and she was able to get a decent nap in there.

            "Sunrise," he said.

            She slowly stretched, padding outside of the boy's room to come into the kitchen. The tuna had already been placed in the bowls, and Sunrise rushed forward towards her bowl, sticking her head into the tuna bowl.

            "Sure took you a long time to get up," Holly complained.

            "Yeah," Polly said, agreeing with Holly.

            "So? That means I got more beauty sleep than you two," Sunrise told them.

            Polly and Holly seemed shocked.

            "Pass over that tuna, Polly," Holly growled.

            Polly slipped a paw underneath Sunrise's, causing her to slip. Immediately, Polly pushed the bowl towards the two, and they began snacking on Sunrise's breakfast.

            "Hey! No fair!" Sunrise said, trying to push her sisters away.

            "What are you going to do about it, runt?" Holly laughed.

            Sunrise groaned. "It's not my fault I'm one of the smallest of the litter!"

            "You're right. It's not your fault at all. It's not like you could try to take this tuna back from us to prove you're not a runt," Polly laughed.

            Angry, Sunrise kicked at the she-cat's legs, making her fall into the bowl. Sunrise laughed, jumping up and down.

            Polly opened her eyes, tuna covering her face. "Why, you little..."

            "Have you been practicing that?" Holly asked.

            "How could I have practiced kicking?" Sunrise asked.

            Holly shook her head. "Nevermind," she said, helping Polly out of the bowl. "Take your tuna back! It's all gone by now!"

            Sunrise shook her head, looking at her bowl. It was as if her sisters had sucked out everything in it. She sighed, her stomach growling. Oh well. She'd just have to wait until the evening again.

            She looked up, noticing Holly and Polly playing with a mouse toy.

            "I want to play!" Sunrise exclaimed.

            Polly laughed. "As if!"

            Sunrise rolled her eyes, leaping over the two. She grabbed the mouse from them, cheering. "I win! I win!" Sunrise exclaimed.

            "Stop cheating!" Holly growled.

            "How am I cheating?"

            "You can't use the table to jump over us," Polly complained.

            "But I didn't use the table! I just jumped over you," Sunrise told them.

            "As if a kit like you could leap over us. You'd have to jump a good eight inches off the ground!"