X. Failure

"how can you love someone like me?" she asks between her sobs. yesterday, she was charged with contemplated suicide to the hospital again for the third time. and he, with that stupid playful grin on his lips, is still being her only guardian, stubrron as always. "i can't take care of myself, i was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety, i also know everyone is disappointed with me. that's why i don't even have friends. i fucked everything up."

she quickly looks away, staring down at her untouched food on her lap. "you could have just leave me like everyone else," suddenly, she throws away the food tray to the floor as she let out a painful cries, one that made her whole body shake. "you'll be better off without me! i've always been so rude to you but why you keep coming everyday for a failure like me?!"

no, that wasn't true. she loves the fact that he is the only person she has in this vicious little world. but she can't just let him be. she must push him away. he'll find a better, more-interesting girl than her, out there. he doesn't deserve a girl who is a total mess, that's unfair for him.

"i guess i haven't tell you this yet," he chuckles, making her lips pursed and her brows furrowed. "the star died, so you could be here today. every atom in your body came from a star that exploded," his teeth clenching as he grabs her hands. she notices that his chest is heaving. "how could someone so amazing be a failure?"

he laughed once more, a melodious laugh that sailed into her ears and instantly heating her cheeks. and unexpectedly, his eyes starts watering, she doesn't know why. "to the world you may just be someone, but to someone you may be the whole world..."

"and i hate hearing my world calls her own self a failure."

she had tried enough not to cry in front of him,

ever again.