Chapter Twenty-Two

"Babe!?" Michael called once again.

"Sorry, sorry!" I yelled back, unlocking the door. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" I quickly buttoned up my flannel, it was already big on me so now it was baggy, just what I wanted.

"Lana's here!" With that I quickened my pace and rushed down the stairs.

"Lana!" I smiled as I ran over to her.

"Jules!" She laughed as she hugged me back. "Girl I haven't seen you in so long, what's up with life?"

"Come with me." I said grabbing her wrist and pulling her up the stairs. "We'll be right back!" I called down. Before Michael or anyone else could get in a word I pushed her into my bathroom.

"Jules." Lana said sternly, "What's wrong?"

"This, Lana." I said pulling the tests off the very top of the shelves.

"Oh my god!" Lana whispered. "Jules..why aren't you excited? You always said you wanted a kid!"

"But not now, Lana!" I whispered. "This will ruin, everything." I felt the tears brim my eyes.

"Jules, tell me two things." Lana said, slowly rubbing my arm.

"What?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Who's baby is it?" She said calmly.

"Lana, I don't know." I cried even harder.

"Okay, okay." She said slowly, "It's okay, I can help you figure this all out, it'll be okay."

"W-what's your second q-question?" I choked out.

"I don't think you wanna-"

"Lana." I pressed.

She let out a deep breath, "Are you going to tell the boys?"