Chapter Thirty Two

I sat in the shower for so long that when I got out, Michael was asleep. I got dressed and walked out of our room, closing the door behind me. I walked down the stairs hoping to not disturb anyone else who could be sleeping. I looked over at the clock and it was quarter to eleven. I walked all the way down to the basement where we had our music room. It had a bunch of instruments and a soundbooth which I liked to go down to. I walked over to the bookshelf and grabbed my songbook which I kept hidden. I've always wanted to be a singer but I had never gotten my opportunity to shine, so I took all my time to this soundbooth. I walked over to the acoustic guitar and opened my songbook to one of the last songs I had written.  

My phone sat on the desk across from me, vibrating a lot with notifications. I didn't even have to look at it to know that it was twitter notifications. Probably all hate. How was I going to address this issue? I couldn't lie because I would end up being caught in the act, but if I tell the truth the media will tear me to shreds. I shook my head, forbidding myself from looking at it, knowing it would only hurt me. I strummed on my guitar and looked back at my book, it's been a while. 

"I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph, I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away.
" I sang the words to my song which has yet to be titled. It was definitely a work in progress still but it was coming along. I picked up a nearby pen and started writing again. Words kept flowing out and onto the paper. Different parts to different songs were on papers spread out all over my desk. 

"Who the hell-" I turned around startled to find Ashton in the doorway, "Oh shit, sorry Jules. I didn't mean to scare you." 

"It's alright." I tried to laugh it off. 

"What are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Ash asked. 

"What time is it?" I asked reaching for my phone, "I came down here at quarter to 11." 

"Jules, it's 2:30 in the morning." Ash chuckled. 

"Ugh." I rubbed my face with my hands. "Wait, why are you up?" I questioned him. 

"I couldn't sleep and I come down here when I can't sleep." Ash shrugged. "What a mess you're making." Ash laughed walking over and shifting through my papers. 

"Yeah, I just kinda got inspired and started writing and apparent didn't stop for three hours." I laughed as I looked through the papers myself. 

"Why didn't you tell us you wrote music?" Ash questioned as he shifted through more papers, picking some up and skimming them over. 

I shrugged, "Nobody asked me. Besides, they aren't good." 

  "Jules, these aren't bad, they're actually really good." Ash said handing me one paper, "You should be a songwriter." 

"Well the dream was originally to sing but I mean at this point in my life I'll take what I can get." I forced a laugh. 

"I didn't wanna ask but I have to, do you think I can borrow this one?" Ash handed me a paper. "I think I can get your career launched." 

"Yeah sure I guess." I shrugged. "Shit man, I have to get some sleep but I'll talk to you tomorrow?" 

"Course." Ash smiled cleaning up my papers. "Night Jules." 

"Night Ash."