Chapter 1

[edited]
PLEASE READ:

I'm starting this book back up!!! I'm super excited to write this again. Something's will be changed but not all. Last time I tried writing this Wattpad decided to delete lots of parts to some of my chapters :cc. Lets hope that it doesn't happen again with this, or any of my new books on the way, or I'm currently writing. If it does happen please tell me!! okay that's all enjoy the first chapter!! ❤ c: and yet again in this book and maybe even a squeal. I'm going to try to update this at least once a week.
Note: Vic is taller.

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•

Kellin's POV:

It's night time, the tension is thick. Dad, well he's currently knocked out on the floor. "Hurry go get packed up we're leaving," Mom tells Jenna and I quickly. The three of us quickly head up the stairs, and into our rooms to pack. Mom and Dad just had gotten into another fight. Instead of Mom, Jenna, or I getting hit, Mom threw the first punch and knocked him out with a vase.

I grabbed every possible thing I could to fit in a suit case and a backpack and packed it. Everything I needed was packed in these two things. The only thing that couldn't fit in anything was my guitar Mom got me when I was nine. I wouldn't leave my guitar behind though, it's one of the only things that is very important to me Dad hasn't broken.

I always kept it hidden behind the clothes in my closet, because that was one of the places he never looked to destroy my things. I swung my closet door open, and grabbed it. I hurriedly went downstairs, and outside where the car was. I put my suitcases in the trunk and my backpack in the back where I'd be sitting. "Come on let's go!" I got into the car.

Mom and Jenna, (after putting the rest of their things in the trunk) got into the car as well. Jenna, kept a bag with her like I did.

"Okay do we have everything?" Mom asked looking between the both of us. We both nodded. Fear struck the three of us as the front door of the house swung open, and Dad ran out. Mom locked the doors quickly. His lips moved but i could barely hear a thing due to the loud thumping of my heart. Mom put the car in reverse, and Dad ran after the car banging on the hood. After pulling out into the street, we drove off. My father still yelling at us as we drove off.

I wonder where we're going. This is all so sudden, I don't think we'd have a place for the night. Maybe I should ask? "Where are we going?"
"You'll see, I hope you guys will like it there." Mom sighed, keeping a hand on the wheel as she ran her fingers through her faded brunette hair. "I'm just glad we're finally getting out of there." Jenna said, relaxing in her seat. "Me too." I agreed, doing just the same. I took a breath, and let it out in a sigh. My first breath of free air.

"I was just tired of all of us getting hurt. If we would have stayed there, I could have gotten you two taken from me..." Mom shook her head, "I can't live without my babies. You guys would have continued to get hurt, and that hurt me to see, so we had to leave. I have been planning this for quite some time, I just didn't think it'd happen like this." Mom admitted.

God, I'm so glad we're leaving! Mom would get hurt trying to protect Jenna and I, or I would get hurt trying to protect Mom and Jenna even though she's older; or Jenna would get hurt trying to protect Mom and I. It was like a repeating cycle. One of us would get hurt either way, or all of us would.

It made me feel shitty when I couldn't prevent Mom or Jenna from getting hurt. I just hope I won't ever have to return to that life. Ever. We stopped by the gas station to get gas, and a few other things. After that we were on our way to wherever we were going.

After staring out the window looking into darkness, and the stars up above, listening to silence, I drifted off into a comfortable yet uncomfortable sleep.