Chapter 13

I'm home awake in bed when really, I should be sleep. I just can't sleep. Today, after taking a shower I actually looked at how big my stomach has gotten, and now I'm scared. I realize that I am a bit too big for one month. What if its some weird thing, that just because I'm a guy my baby comes faster than expected? What if I'm having more than one? Oh god, what would Vic think? What if he thinks there's too many and he leaves me to take care of them myself? Would Mom force me to give them away? I hope not.

I wouldn't be able to do that. I wouldn't be able to give up my babies. I turn over and lay on my side facing the wall. I sigh, and close my eyes. I miss Vic... I can't wait to see him tomorrow! Well, today. Should I tell him about what I've been thinking? Maybe I shouldn't... I guess the best thing is to just see if I'm right. I'll schedule an appointment for tomorrow.... no one else is going but me.

•~•

I am at the doctors on the exam table waiting for Dr. Harris. I'm so scared. I feel like I can hardly breathe. I hope everything is at least okay... I breathe in and out slowly trying to calm myself down. "Positive thoughts Kellin...." I say to myself. "Everything's gonna be okay." I say. Moments later the door opens, as Dr. Harris peered in. "Hey Kellin!" she smiles, she walks in and shuts the door behind her. "What seems to be the problem? You aren't due for a check up until about two weeks from now." she tells me putting on her gloves.

"Well, my stomach has gotten a little bit bigger." I say. "Your already showing?" she asked, surprised. "Yeah, look." I raised my shirt to show her. "Geez, most people don't even show until their second or third month." She said. "Lets take a look in there." She sat down on her stool. I flinch at the cold feeling as she squirts the gel on my stomach. She grabs her wand and moves it around on my belly. She eventually finds him/her and applies a bit more pressure.

"So, it seems you are having more than one." She says. My eyes widen. "Th-then what am I having?" I ask. She turns her head to look at me, "Triplets." She says. "Yep, theres definitely three in there." She says. My heart starts to race, and fear sets in the pit of my stomach.

"They all look healthy, there's nothing for you to worry about." she says. That's what you think. "Would you like some pictures?" she asked."Y-yeah." I nod. She hands me a rag then leaves. I wipe my stomach off, and sit up. Three babies.... How is Vic gonna take this? How is Mom gonna take this? Jenna, Justin, my Aunt the guys... How are they gonna take this?

Vic is gonna breakup with me... Im gonna get so fat....disgusting.... he won't wanna stay with me. It'll be too much for Mom, and my Aunt. What if they kick me out? Fuck, I can't go home. I feel the tears threaten to come out, but I don't let them. I hold them in. Few minuets later, Dr. Harris comes in with the pictures.

I put on a fake smile and say, "Thank you." I hop off the exam table and walk out of the office. I slip the photo in my jacket pocket, and I walk out as fast as I could. Once I was out, I started my journey to the park.

•~•

I'm sitting underneath a tree. Legs crossed, the ultrasound picture in my hand. I stare at it as streams of tears fall down my face. I use the sleeve of my oversized flannel to wipe them away. People have tried to text, and call me but I haven't answered. It's almost dark, but I don't wanna go home... What's gonna happen if I do? They could tell me to abort the babies, or they could kick me out. Then when Vic finds out he'll break up with me.

I wouldn't... no I can't take that much heartbreak in one night. I sob, and bury my face in my hands. Ugh, what's wrong with me? I cry until my tear bank is empty. About two hours later I'm still sitting in the same spot. It's completely dark, and it's gotten cold and windy. It's about to rain as well, I can smell it in the air. I still haven't looked at my phone. I did turn the ringer off though, but after doing that I've had to deal with lots of vibrations.

I sniffle, and pull my arms out of the sleeves and hug myself. It has to be about eight o'clock. Maybe I should get up and walk around that'll warm me up. I stand up, and start walking. When I reach the end of the entrance of the park I stop. Should I go home? I don't want to.... I start to walk in the opposite direction. I just can't go home.

I feel a rain drop, on my shoulder. I continue walking and end up in an unfamiliar neighborhood. By this time it was pouring, I was soaked and shivering.. I see a light coming up behind me, I know it's just a car so I move to the sidewalk. The car passes me very slowly, and it gives me an eerie feeling. I scoot father from the car and continue walking, but faster. The car passes me then turns around.