Chapter 31

"It's gonna be okay," he tells me shakily. I could tell he was trying his best to keep it together. We hear footsteps walking into the door and a police officer. "Vic?!" An officer asked worriedly.

Vic looks up. "Mr. Preciado?" Vic says. Vic stands up and they move towards each other and hug. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened." He said. "Yeah," Vic says. "I'm so sorry I'm late," Another voice says walking in. "Officer Gunn?" I ask seeing the brunette walk in. "Kellin? It's you in this situation?" She says walking in. She walks towards me and gives me a hug. "I'm so sorry," she said.

"Can you help us please?" I ask desperately. "We're doing everything we can." She says. "I just want my baby back." I say. I sniffle, and wipe more tears from my eyes. "What did she look like?" Officer Gunn asked. "She was kinda short, had her hair in a ponytail. She was a blonde. She was wearing the normal uniform here. Looked sweet. Her nose was kinda big. Had a nice smile." I say.

"What was her name?" Officer Preciado asked. I thought hard and remembered what she had said. "She said her name was Carolyn." I said. "Alright we'll get back to you in the morning. Until then you need to get some rest." She says, and gets up. I won't be able to rest tonight.

One of my babies are out there! With someone I don't even know. How in the hell did she escape with a baby?? A fucking baby... The officers leave and we're left here not knowing what to do. "I-I don't know what to do Vic." I say looking down at my lap. "H-how could I be so stupid?" I started to hit my head tears started to flow down my cheeks. "Hey, hey," he walks over to me and stops me from hitting myself. Then Vic wraps his arms around me.

"You didn't know Princess. It's not your fault." He said. "Hope they find him and throw the bitch in jail."

•~•

We're in the car on our way home. They said the don't have a lead yet. That kills me to hear. I'm happy we have our other babies. They're gonna stay safe and I'm gonna make sure of it.

It killed me to talk about it when I told everyone about what happen. Mom, and Vic's parent had gotten us another car seat. I looked at it and bursted into tears. I feel horrible, numb. Why can't anything just go right for me?? Just for a long ass moment. We arrived home and carefully took the babies in. No wonder Vic was gone a bit of a long time. He built another crib which made me want to break down again. I fought the urge. I don't want Vic to see it happen again. He's holding up so much. I need to try to as well. After making sure they were okay, we turned on the baby monitors and shut the door.

"Kell you need to sleep." Vic says. "I can't... I've tried. I can't do it." I say. "You haven't tried. Please at least try. If they get anything I will wake you up I swear." He says. "What about the babies?" I ask. If it's not anything other than food, I won't come get you." He says. I looked down. "Come on let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulls me along. He pulls me into our bed room.

He pushes the covers back and I get into the bed. He pulls the covers over my body then kisses me on the head. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I say. He shuts the curtains and takes the baby monitor. He walks out and shuts the door. He leaves it open a bit. I try to clear my head and close my eyes. I fall asleep letting sleep consume me.

I wake up to darkness. I try to sit to find myself tied down. It's Vic's arm. How long did I sleep? I break free from Vic's grasp. I get up and walk down the hall to the babies room. I open up the door and look into their room. The bed room light was dim. I walked in and walked over to the first crib which had Aiden in it.

I cracked a smile and stoked his face softly. "We're gonna get your brother back. I promise." I say. I watch as a cute little smile stretched his lips. I walked over to Delilah then Alieen's doing the same thing. I walked out and shut the door. I walk into the bedroom and into the bathroom.

I look like crap. I walk over to the toilet and do my business. Then I wash my hands. I grab a towel out of the cabinet and wash my face with a hot towel. I heard one of the babies start to cry through the baby monitor in the room. I walk out of the bathroom and into the nursery. I see that Delilah is the one that's crying. "Baby girl what's the matter?" I coo walking over to her crib.

She started moving her head side to side signaling she must be hungry. I rock her to calm her down. Once she was calm I sat down in the chair we had put in here and fed her. I lean back relaxing. She was looking up at me. "Hey Delilah." I say giving off a bit of a smile. I see a tear fall from her eye. "Oh honey don't cry," I coo. I wipe her little tear.

I feel like singing. "I think a song will give us both a little peace huh?" I ask. I start softly singing the words to If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn. Once I finished the song, I whispered to her, "I love you." She stopped suckling and I stood up. I covered myself and grabbed a burping rag that was on her crib. I put it over my shoulder, then I sat her up and patted her back gently.

I hummed the tune to the song Vic had wrote. Kissing In Cars. I made him play it for me again a few times just so I could hear it. I don't have all the words down yet but I do have the tune. I heard her burp. "There we go," I say patting her back a bit more.

After making sure she didn't have to burp again I kissed her forehead then I put her back into her crib. I walk back into Vic and I's room. I got back into bed. "You're such a good mommy." He said wrapping his arm around me. I didn't really believe that. I can't believe I trusted someone with one of our babies.

"I already know what you're thinking. Stop it. You're not a horrible mom. What happened doesn't make you a horrible mom." He says. I just snuggle into him and shed a few years before quickly falling asleep again.