Chapter 22

After Mama left, I just went back to the room and laid down. I feel drained emotionally, and I'm tired but I don't want to sleep. I have to pee... I sigh, and get up. "You guys need to know moms bladder isn't a bed." I say to myself. I walk out of the room and across the hall to the bathroom. After doing my business, I wash my hands. I glance at myself in the mirror.

Bags were under my eyes, they were also red and puffy. I look horrible, I wasn't good enough for him... I walk out of the bathroom. As I step into the room I hear a knock on the door. I mumble in frustration, "Fuck." I walk down stairs. I open the door to see someone I wasn't expecting to be at the door.

Vic.

My lips part to say something but nothing comes out. I'm frozen in place, and tears start to fall down my cheeks. "Oh my god..." he says. Then he hugs me tightly, but I don't hug back. "Kellin, I am so sorry." he says in a pained voice. "Why?" I ask. "I needed time to think," he said. Time to think? Thats such a lie..... I pull myself from his hold.

"Just tell the truth!! You didn't need time to think! You needed time away from me..." I back away from him. "I'm not good enough for you!" I put my face in my hands as tears spilled from my eyes. "That's n-" I cut him off. "You don't have to deal with me anymore... You can just leave." I say. "But I was scared Kellin. I was so scared... remember when you left off because you got scared?" He ask. I didn't want to listen to him right now.

"Go away..." I sob. "B-"

I cut him off, "Leave! Don't even act like you want to be here." I say looking away. I hear him sigh, and leave closing the door. My hand over my mouth, I walk over to the couch. I sit down, crying.

~•8:00•~

"B-"

"No go," I cut Justin off. "I don't want to leave you here alone, Kellin." he says. "I'll be fine, now go have fun." I say. "Kellin, just let m-"

I cut him off again. "Go to the party with your boyfriend. I'm sure he misses you." I say softly. I hear him sigh, "Fine."

Later on that night I find myself on my phone scrolling through Instagram. I'm trying to keep my mind off of what I did today. I feel terrible about it, but maybe it was the right thing to do. I keep scrolling through, occasionally like photos and I kinda stalk Ben Bruce's Instagram. Just a little bit... Okay maybe a lot a bit, I can't help it really. At least it got my mind off you know who.

I come across a picture that made my heart clench, and my stomach turn. I stare at it taking in what I'm looking at. Vic is kissing Alex... Tears welled up in my eyes, and I shut my phone off. I cry until my throat hurt, until I couldn't cry anymore, until I felt numb. I stare off into space.

This fucking shows how much he truly cared. It was the right thing to do. I was thinking about apologizing and telling him I was overreacting. I guess I wasn't.  Why didn't I realize everything was a lie sooner? Now he can be happy with Alex.

•~•

The last bell rang, I gathered my stuff and got up. I waddled over to my locker. I stuffed everything in there and put my phone in my back pocket. Mom is picking me up today, that's only because I wanted to see Dad....

He can't get out now so he won't be able to put up a front. I walk out the school doors and walk over to Moms car. I get in, and sit down. I buckle up and look out the window.

We start moving and soon we're out the school parking lot. "How was school?" Mom ask. "Okay..." I sigh. "How are you feeling?" She ask softly. "Horrible, I saw him so much today. It broke my heart." I say tears forming in my eyes. "Things will get better," she says. "When?" I ask. "When the time is right." I nod.

When is everything going to be okay? Vic leaves, makes me think that he's never gonna come back and he's left me with three kids to take care of by myself. Then he comes back with bullshit telling me he's sorry and he had to think. Then a couple hours later I see that he's kissing Alex so then I knew it was the right thing to do.

I see him in school and I'm angry; I feel like I want to cry, but I feel like I want to hug him. I want to kiss him and tell him I'm sorry for the outburst I had but I know he wants to be with Alex.

I put my hand on my stomach and run around it feeling the triplets kick softly. I sigh and lay my head back shutting my eyes. Next time I open my eyes I see we're at the prison. I must've fallen asleep. After we park I unbuckle myself, and I look at my mom. She nods and we both get out. After telling them who we're here to see and signing in we were sat at a wooden table to wait.

"Are you up for any food after we get done here?" Mom ask. "I don't know, I don't think I should eat anything heavy." I say. "I understand," mom nods. She puts her arm around me and I lean Into her arms. This was comforting, this was actually what I needed.

"Honey, they're bringing him in," she tells me. I sit up straight and bury my hands in my pocket. Fear sets in the pit of my stomach. My hand goes to my belly as I feel the babies start to move. My eyes follow him as he sits down handcuffs on his wrist. "Well isn't this an interesting surprise," he says, with a hard face. "So why did you two decide to visit me?" He ask leaning back in his chair. I look down and say, "You were right..." I trail off. His face softened, and he says, "About the boy?" He asked.

"Yeah he left.... I don't think he's ever coming back." I say tears brimming my eyes. "Aw Kellin...." He trails off. "I told you... I could see it the moment I saw him. How many are you having?" He ask. "Three..." I trail off. "Damn Kellin," he sighs. "It'd be good for you to give them away then." He says.

"What? No..." I shake my head. "You can't raise three kids on your own. You're only a kid." He says. "I'm not a kid, and I have mom, Jenna, and Aunt Jennifer to help me." I say. "You'll also be single. You won't be able to find anyone to love you with three kids around." He says. Mom cuts in, "Shut up! That's not true and you know it."

"How could you allow our son to go off and get pregnant? You knew what would happened if he went off and had sex!" He said to Mom. "They've been together a year I didn't think they'd do anything.. I'm also very happy to hear about my grandchildren that are on the way. I will be there to help so will Jenna." She says.

Dad shakes his head. "You're too young Kellin," he says. "So were you," I say. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Do you think I'm gonna end up like you? Do you think I'm gonna Yell at my babies? Give them bruises? Slap them? Give them black eyes? Say hateful things and tear them down? No, I'm not gonna be like you. I'm not gonna let my kids live the life I did. I'm going to give them a childhood." I say tears falling down my cheeks. 

"So you're gonna let them live without a father?" He ask. "I know that won't be forever, and until then if I have to be both I will." I say. "Can we go?" I ask Mom. "Yeah sweetie." I sniffle and Mom helps me stand up. "Have fun rotting in here dick head." Mom seethes glaring harshly at Dad. We both walk out of the prison.

"We're never gonna see him again alright?" She says. I nod, and we get in the car. "Can we go straight home?" I ask. I'm drained emotionally and physically. She says, "Sure Hun."

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•
I hope you guys liked it. Aileen don't kill me 😂.

I love you my Darlings❤️💕