xvii.

Kaleb Cannel

Throwing up the remaining of lunch, I stuck my middle finger up at my cousin, Trent. My dumbass agreed on doing his 'extreme practice'. This shit had me throwing up and all of that.

"Fuck you, bruh." I spit out saliva one more time before standing up.

"Ass ain't use to that kind of practice." He laughed and threw me some mouth wash. I gargled some and spit it out.

"Was that boot camp or football practice?" I asked sitting on the grass, breathing hard.

"Both, that's how we do it in Cali."

"Well take your ass back to Cali with that."

He let out a laugh and sat beside me. I breathed out and coughed.

"When you going to college?" He asked, changing his shoes.

"In a few weeks."

Trent is my blood cousin on my mother's side. I linked up with him a few years after I linked up with my grandmother and aunt. He's my Uncle Rich's son that he didn't claim at first. He knew about Trent but he didn't too much bring him around, according to my aunt Katelyn. He's around 21 now and stays in the Bay Area.

"Oh word? Ready for them college girls?"

"You knew," I joked. "But nah I got a girl."

"Aw shit, who shawty is?"

"Her name is Loren."

"Loren, Loren," He repeated. "I don't know any Loren's."

"That's good."

"How long y'all been rocking?"

"A few months."

"Wait, ole shawty on your Twitter? Yeah she fine as hell."

"Back up, nigga."

He laughed and fanned me off.

"You going to that family reunion?"

"The Knights? I doubt."

"You going cause your aunt dragging me so I'm dragging your ass."

I smacked my lips and stood up, putting my shirt on.

"Preciate you makin' me throw up, bitch." I helped him up and handshook him.

"No problem, nigga." He laughed before we departed our ways.

I traveled home to finish packing the rest of my items so I could go ahead and move in with Loren. Now this is hell of awkward to me. Me moving in with my girl? Shit fixing to be lit and challenging.

"KC." Mia screeched once I walked in the door. I picked her up and hugged her.

"Hey lil mama."

"I thought you was gone." Her brown skin lit up once I pinched her cheek.

"Not yet, I had to come home and see my favorite girl."