xxiii.

Kaleb Cannel

You know Richard Knight, my uncle? Wasn't he suppose to be dead? Yeah, I thought so too.

Trent and I stared at my unc, realizing that this shit is real and he ain't dead. Questions started coming to mind, wanting answers. Since he's alive, are my parents alive also?

"I will appreciate y'all ugly asses would stop starin' at me, damn." He smacked his lips, putting his arms behind his head.

Trent and I were seated on the opposite couch of unc. We were the only ones here. Once T find out, so gone be shocked as hell.

"How is you here? They said you was dead." I asked while he sat up.

"Well technically I was dead, but I wasn't dead. Back in '16, I was sentenced to 17 years in prison for somethin' that's goin' to remain unknown. Yeah so I broke out of prison and continued on with my life. A few days after me gettin' out, my enemies rolled up on me and tried to kill me. Long story short, their mission was not accomplished. I faked my death."

"This too much for me. Shit confusing." Trent mumbled, shaking his head. "Why you just now coming around?"

"I had to get everything situated first, son."

Trent scrunched his nose up.

"Y'all know where my sister at?" Unc asked, causing me to look up.

"My moms?"

"Yeah."

"She dead." I mumbled, seeing his whole demeanor changed.

"No she's not," he smacked his lips. "Y'all stop playin' with me, where's Ry?"

"Unc, she's gone." I reassured him.

He stared at me before getting up and walking out of the house. Trent and I sighed in unison.

Unc walked back in shortly, sitting back on the couch.

"Slim?" He asked, getting my attention.

"Buried beside ma."

"While our enemies livin'." He chuckle, shaking his head.

"But so what's been up with y'all?" He asked.

"Shit, school." I responded, checking my phone.

"Fucking these broads." Trent semi yelled.

"Yeah you're my son." He laughed and so did Trent.

"The Knights family reunion in a few days. You comin' through?"

"Nah. Y'all the only ones that know I'm alive and I'm tryin' to keep it that way for a while."

"Understandable. Where you stayin'?"

"Here with this nigga."

"I did not agree to allat." Trent butted in.

"Yeah whatever."

"Well it was nice seein' you unc but I got places to be so I'll see y'all later." I stood up, placing my phone in my hoodie pocket.