xix.

because i hit 30k on breathless a few days ago, thank you 💕

Kaleb Cannel

I looked through the Chinese restaurant menu before telling Loren what I want. She placed our order in over the phone then ended the call. While she did that, I finished studying for my tests because she decided on quizzing me in a few.

"I am so freaking pissed." Loren smacked her lips, sounding like a white girl.

"Why? What happen?" I asked rubbing my left eye before putting my glasses back on.

"Tae them won't be coming tomorrow."

"Why not?"

"Something came up and they won't be able to come to New York."

Tae and Ezerah both moved out of town a few weeks back, due to college. They actually going to the same college which is in DC. From seeing them everyday to not seeing them in a while, we miss their asses and them not being able to come home is bullshit.

"Damn man."

"Was looking forward to seeing my cupcake."

"You sound gay, baby." I laughed, watching her turn serious.

"Don't play with me."

"Don't play with me," I mocked pulling her to me. "Gimme a kiss."

"Nah these kisses for my girlfriend."

"I mean shit, whoever your girl is can get it too."

"Ew, gross." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed me.

Me being KC, of course I deepened the kiss, cupping her ass while she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Quiz time." She pulled away, running over to the kitchen table.

I smacked my lips and breathed out before taking a seat in front of her, at the table. She started making flash cards while I finished up my Sociology work.

"Alright, what does this word mean?" She held up a card with some light handwriting on it.

Right now, she was helping me with vocabulary words that my professor said we should know by Monday and she gave them to us today. It was some recap of words we should already know. I know some of them but some of these words a nigga don't know.

"I can't see that shit. You write light as hell." I squint my eyes, trying to read the light handwriting.

"Got glasses and still cannot read. The word is ameliorate."

"That's to make or grow better."

"Ayeee correct." She smiled at me.

I chuckled and leaned back in the chair.

"Next word is abrogate."

"To cancel." I slammed my hand on the table, to get a frown from Loren. Out of nowhere, she held up a water gun and squirted me with water.