thirty seven.

Kaleb Cannel

The nervousness of Loren was showed very clearly due to her shakiness and her posture. How badly I didn't want to be here, she suggested that we should come since he have been trying to reach out to us for a while.

I didn't want to hear anything he had to say because I was over everything.

"You good?" I looked over at Loren who sat her hands in her lap and glanced at me.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." She let out a low sigh just when an officer brought him up to us.

I was skeptical of all of this. I didn't want him to hurt us again like he did back in the days. Everything he did, had an huge, unneeded impact on our lives.

"I'm so glad y'all came. Hey KC. Hey Loren." He held a slight smile on his face as he sat down in front of us. I grabbed a holt onto Loren's left hand letting her know it's alright.

"Hey Rich." Loren spoke first. I could tell her voice was kind of shaky. I mean who wouldn't be nervous?

She was sitting and about to converse with a guy that violated her mother and almost kilt her entire family.

"Can I start off by talkin' to you first? I know if I get your approval on anything, KC might come through." He said to Loren. Loren nod her head and Rich let out a sigh and cleared his throat.

"I want to start off by sayin' I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry for all of the bullshit I put y'all and your family through. I was so fucked up that I wanted to take your family out all over a stupid beef. Me rapin' your mother wasn't my intention at all, I put that on my sister's grave, man,"

"All I was tryin' to do was protect my sister and crew but I took it way too far. Yeah, your father and I could have settled that beef like some men but me bein' an asshole didn't think like that,"

"That was my homie since we were little and I let another nigga get in the way of our friendship. I don't want to say all of this is Slim's fault because it's not. I fucked up. I caused most of this shit and if I could go back in time and change it, I will. I'm sorry y'all. I just hope y'all really heard me out and somewhere in y'all heart y'all can forgive me but if y'all can't, I don't fault you." He let out a breath and I looked up and over to Loren who had a tear escaped her eye.

I rubbed my thumb over her knuckles as she cleared her throat.

"I forgive you, but in all honestly, I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. You should be apologizing to my father and mother."

"If you can get them to talk to me, I will do just that." I stared at him and noticed that he was actually sorry and was willing to settle all of this.

"I would try." She held a small smile which made Rich smile.

"Thank you."

She excused herself a few minutes after to go to the bathroom. I let go of her hand and let her go do her business.

"You think Rocky and Lauren will hear me out?" Rich asked, which got my attention.

"I sure hope so. I'm tired of this and they really do need an apology. I can tell you're really serious about this."

"Yeah, I mean I've been thinkin' about this for a few years just wasn't able to reach any of y'all. I really do appreciate y'all comin' through."

"I appreciate you manning up." We shared a handshake. It was cool to see my uncle being the bigger person.

It was quiet for a second until he said something.

"She's pregnant."

"Huh? Who?" I asked a little confused.