uno.

part two of loren... three to four years later

Loren Mayers

"First of all, we're not having any Popeyes at the wedding." Taeli shook her head, adjusting Ezra, her three year old son, in her lap.

Welcome back to my hectic ass life. Let's catch up, shall we? Loren Mayers isn't that little teenage girl anymore. I'm now a grown woman that's about to finish medical school in less than three months.

As you can see Taeli and Ezerah are now parents to their son Ezra. Ezerah and Ezra, cute right? They're also getting married in less than six months and we're basically planning this wedding at the last minute.

I'm so excited for them.

"Baby, you wildin'. The hell you mean we ain't havin' no Popeyes?" He walked into the kitchen with a bag of chips, munching on them.

Ezerah Mayfield, where do I start? Well we've finally built a cordial friendship since we both realize he's not going anywhere. He's actually my buddy.

Two years ago he was drafted to the Brooklyn Nets which caused them to move back to New York. Bitch I was excited. Although the Nets are a somewhat bad team, Ezerah himself is helping them getting back on track.

"Tae we're black, we need Popeyes at y'all wedding." I leaned up from off the counter.

"Y'all are so ghetto," she laughed. "We have to go bridal shopping tomorrow."

"What time because I have classes?"

"Five? Is that fine?"

"That's perfect." I smiled.

"Lo, wanna do me a huge ass favor?" Ezerah asked, looking at me.

"Depends."

"You can take E to go get his hair braided at the barbershop? Tae got some to do and I got practice."

"Ooh fun time with Lo." Ezra woke up and started talking.

"Oh my," I laughed. "But of course, the one up the street from my house?"

"Yeah, preciate lil KC."

"Stop, you know she doesn't like that name." Tae threw a pen at Ezerah.

"What? She's gonna always be lil KC."

I playfully rolled my eyes. Kaleb and I broke up a few years ago after the accident with my father. No he didn't pass away but he did have to have surgery to remove all of the bullets from his chest.

I had to explain to my pops that I didn't know about any of that situation. He believed me but he didn't approve of me dating Kaleb after he found out who he was. I didn't approve of my damn self dating him which is why I chose to remove myself from the relationship.

"You still with Kenneth?" Tae asked, breaking my out of my thoughts.

"Um yeah." I responded, checking my phone.

Kenneth has been my boyfriend for like three months. He was just a guy I met at school and decided to give him a chance. He's actually funny and sweet and I'm enjoying his presence.