siete.

Kaleb Cannel

"KC! KC! KC!" Jaden screamed coming into my house while Nick was behind him. Nick closed the door while shaking his head.

"Quit all that damn screaming."

"Wassup, KC," Jaden smacked his lips coming over to me.

"Wassup lil man?" I laughed dapping him. "What brings y'all by?"

"We can't come see my cousin?" Nick leaned on the island counter, looking at me.

Seventeen year old Nicholas is now the child I always wanted him to be. Since Jaden came alone, he's been bettering himself for his son. Him and Maya still not seeing eye to eye but they're trying to be cordial for the sake of their son.

Nick and Cai will be graduating from high school soon and I got something real special for them.

"You only come over here when you want some."

"Stop lying, nigga." He smacked his lips while I laughed.

"Wassup though?"

"What you doing for Valentine's Day?" He asked, smiling a little.

"Valentine's Day is comin' up huh?" I scratched the back of my neck. "Nothin'."

"Good, I need you to go somewhere with me."

"As long it's not somewhere borin'."

"Whatever, nigga," he fan me off while we heard Jaden turning on the game. "So you and Loren back cool?"

"Who told you?" I asked, seeing him smile.

"You must forgot who I'm dating?" He asked, referring to Logan.

"Yeah you right, but yeah we back cool."

"Happy, huh?"

"Happy? Shit a nigga was mad ecstatic." We laughed.

"Been a long ass time. Thought y'all would never talk to each other again."

"Me either but you stayin' here till I get back?"

"Where you cruising to?"

"Me and Trent fixin' to meet up with somebody." I looked around for a set of keys.

"Just let me know when you get back. I got to drop J off at Maya's house."

"Aight, how y'all doin' by the way?"

He grabbed Jaden's coat before looking at me weirdly. I couldn't help but to laugh as he helped Jaden put his coat on.

It's sad to see my little cousin having to go through bullshit with his baby mother. It's been like this since Jaden was born and I don't even think it's going to get better.

I have to say he has improved very much though and being a man about this situation.

"I was trying to finish playing basketball." Jaden complain, walking behind Nick.